Anyone else get a wp40 wave maker yet?

I'm running three k-4's on one end of my 120 blowing at various angles but in the same general direction and the wp40 opposing them on w1. I only run the wp during daylight hours (not sure why just like the idea of it) and all is well. When it comes on it stirs up spots and gets the gunk flowin thru water column and right into the filter sock. I will say that it seems to grow nuisance algae much quicker than the k's, probably because it rests overnight??

I would say it may be all you needed. Position it opposing the output of the mag pump across the length of the tank. These things are full of power and I have no experience with them on smaller tanks but it might even be a little too much for a standard 55.

I would say it may be all you needed. Position it opposing the output of the mag pump across the length of the tank. These things are full of power and I have no experience with them on smaller tanks but it might even be a little too much for a standard 55.

And this is where a $5 led dimmer comes into play.

A friend brought me one of these pumps to test out. As many others I was skeptical and slightly negative about it being a Chinese knock off product. But after some use I have to say these are really good pumps. I now use them in a few of our tanks as well as carry them in the shop. Although the name seems to suggest its imitating the ecotech mp40 pump, in reality it does not. Mp40 can not make same flow patterns these pumps can make. It's a much closer copy of the tunze products I have used for many years. Will this pump, like my tunze pumps pulse on/off full time for years without falling apart? Only time will tell. Like many others have pointed out, at the lower price point they are worth trying.

Great! Just upped the flow again and thus far liking the results. On the 75 gallon I've got 1 WP40 at 22 volts on W1 mode causing a standing wave at 1 wavelength (I caved and decided to try a standing wave. I tried initially to make it resonate at 1/2 wavelength, but that particular waveform dipped such that it caused air to come out of my anti-sypon holes on the return. The waveform at 1 wavelength doesn't :)), and the other on the opposite end at 24 volts on "Else" mode. There's a couple of spots the sand doesn't like to stay, but I couldn't be happier with the flow.

After 3 months of use so far I love this pump!!the best pump I ever used so far,, had a vortech mp 40 it had great flow but was so unreliable and over priced,, broke down 3 times on me sold it and went to a Tunze 6105 quiet but not even close to this pump with the wave action,, so far I'm very pleased!!

I have had mine on w1 mode for 2 months on my 180 gallon tank and its the best power head that I bought by far but I can't compare it too the mp40 or mp60 since I refuse to spend hundreds on them. But for the money that the wp40 cost if it last me 6 months I think it worth it...

There's also a new controller for it so I read but does any one no if you can buy it alone or do you have to buy the whole thing?

Back