Anyone else get a wp40 wave maker yet?

No Jebo WP40. It pushes more water than its counter part. Some compare it to a MP60? I have a MP40 as well so i cant say its as strong as a MP60. Out of box it looks and feels like a Tunze. Has its own controller. Easily modded for the DIY crowd. I was never a fan of the brand given its history. But this this kicks some serious GPH. It has a few modes. You can wave it a few ways or even reef crest(Vortech) it.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2259644

They seem to be getting largely positive reviews thus far. The smaller WP25 should be coming out in the next week or 2, for the new tank I think I'm gonna buy a pair of those. At the price point they are at, I think its worth it to try them out.

They come with a power cord, but make sure you select US 120V service. If you like, you can buy an adjustable voltage power supply separately to dial in the flow to your liking (the "controller" for the unit only allows you to adjust frequency. There is a "low flow" mode, but that just runs like a normal powerhead at 1/3 the max speed).

I'm tempted to pick a pair of the WP25's up to play with in the 90g.

I already have the Reef Angel and have seen the WP40's running on it , there are even codes for emulating the modes of a Vortech. I'd like to see the 25's putting out somewhere in the region of 1600gph but there has been no confirmation of that yet. If they are much lower in GPH I'll bite the bullet and get a pair of the 40's to play with.

They are actually the same manufacturer, just 2 different spellings:

http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_wp-40_13000l_wave_maker

Note the use of Jebao in the heading, but later using the Jebo spelling to describe the modes.

Or at least everyone who talks about the pumps online uses the two interchangeably :)

Actually they are not the same at all.

Not sure why fish-street spells it that way. The packaging even says Jebao.
This company, unlike jebo, mostly make pumps, most of which begin with WP. Check out their website.

I'm curious to see the longevity on these pumps. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for in this hobby, but there are exceptions. Remember when Octopus skimmers first came on the scene? Pretty darn good quality at a decent price. (In fact, when's the last time you've heard of someone shelling out the coin for a Deltec skimmer?)

The neat thing about these is that they are priced so significantly lower than the competition that many folks will be trying them out. IMO, if these pumps perform longer than a year, they're a solid buy. Time will tell.

Hey Scott,

Sometimes you get what you pay for . Sometimes you just pay more
For example, the brs dosers are failng bet some at 1/3 the price could do as well.

Personally, there are limits to price point on powerheads that I won't go over. This product does not have an outside motor mount but reviews are quite good and the price for a pump with controller is neat.

Out of curiosity where are the vortechs made? Same for radions?

I'm pretty sure they're made in China as well. I didn't see any documentation on my Vortech box or on the Ecotech website. (I also didn't see a 'Made in the USA' stickers or logos on either.)

I'm buying one on Friday. I'm interested how it will compare to my Tunze. For a hundred bucks it seems worth the venture.

I prefer to buy made/assembled in USA . Let's keep the jobs here if we can. I do understand there is a premium associated with that. I would not pay double for the same product however, that's too much of a premium.
Now, this power head doesn't even come close to vortech mp40. In terms of Functionality and support. Ecotech doesn't speak or write Cheng-lish, all the modes of operation are explained properly. Still today poeple don't know what some of the modes are of this pump.

Waffleman

Back