anyone tried to using Jebo WP40?

I will say that I have 2 pumps that I'm trying to get a warranty response on and they are not answering my e-mails. I've heard of similiar incidences on the forums. ??????????

Pumps arrived

Pumps arrived

Ok, set my new RW15's up this-morning. Vast improvement after my maxi-jet's.
Not as powerful as I had imagined but I am happy with them. I run them on full, as anything less isn't enough flow.
I thought I was supposed to get a controller that powered several pumps, as apposed to 2x individual controllers that came. Still they work together, but it means having multiple PS U's to plug in

I will have to get another 2 of these.
Thanks for the recommendation people !

Last edited:
Long term update.

Wp40 died after 12 months. Wp25 died after 15 months. Interestingly enough the DC pump on my reef octopus DC 150 also died around the same amout of time...15 months.

It appears to me that it's probably the controllers that are dying.

Shrug. I ordered a kit 2 wp25s and a dual controller for 132 to get me through another 12 month s while I decide if I want a gyre vs a pair of mp10s.

In the warranty process with reef octopus to get a replacement but right now I'm not happy with these DC pumps. I'm not regretting the el cheapo jaebos (mp40s were $465 each when I made this purchase and a pair of wp10s will set me back almost $600) but am regretting this skimmer vs having bought a vertex or Cone-s skimmer.

As a side note.... completely happy with my Triton deep blue pond pump that I actually use as a main pump. Just ordered a back up for $34.00 from Amazon but the original is still going strong. Can't beat that....

Last edited:
my WP40 died last night during a power failure it was one of the originals so id say 2 yrs old.controler still good prop wont turn anymore.
before I get another is there a upgrade

thanks
vic

I use that, works well accept that the light sensor is a cheap POS. It is programmable with a tank controller as well. I have the WP40 on my 110 gallon, provides PLENTY of flow!

Dual WP 40's, I pushed the night mode button and now I cant change anything and it's stuck in night H. How do I get it back to else?

I have duel 25's with the duel controller. The controller has the light sensor on the front. I have a 300W LED fixture. If I mount the controller behind the light will the sensor work? And what can anyone tell me about how it works and what kind of delay it has. Does the night mode light come on to show that the sensor is working?

Unless they have changed a lot from the original version, they don't work very well.

There is no delay, but you can not have complete darkness.
I had to put mine next to the orange glow of a power strip in order for there to be enough light to trigger it when the main lights went off.

It sounds strange, but you would think if there was no light it would go into night mode, but there needs to be a little bit.

having it behind your light fixture should be OK if you have some moon lights on the tank at night.

Again unless they changed the design the light for the night mode is on the front, but the photocell sensor plugged into the side of the controller.

Unless they have changed a lot from the original version, they don't work very well.

There is no delay, but you can not have complete darkness.
I had to put mine next to the orange glow of a power strip in order for there to be enough light to trigger it when the main lights went off.

It sounds strange, but you would think if there was no light it would go into night mode, but there needs to be a little bit.

having it behind your light fixture should be OK if you have some moon lights on the tank at night.

Again unless they changed the design the light for the night mode is on the front, but the photocell sensor plugged into the side of the controller.

I had the same issues with mine but I put them so that the sump light would bearly hit them at night.

Bought a pair of 40's about 2 years ago. Were working great until I noticed the lights on both controllers are dead. The pumps run, but I can't change modes or speeds. The hold to lock and hold to feed work normally. Any ideas? Happens with the light sensors removed also.
-J

Been running a wp40 since the second gen controllers first came out. Got mine in October of 2013. Pump just died on me last week. Controller and power source light up just fine, can switch modes and all, but the pump itself just sits off and won't move. Yes it's clean. I figured that's about what I can expect from this price point. Debating on getting another or not

If you bought your your WP-40 or other models from Fishstreet, Fishstreet will sell you parts. You can buy several types of contolers. You can buy only the pump head or any part. You get impellers and even just the motor. Prices are good.

RJ

Good luck on that one. I've been trying to get a hold of them for a few months and they are not answering my e-mails!

Got it second hand from a guy who got it in a group buy so no record of sale through fish street

Back