April 16th meeting -- GREAT guest speaker

Had a great time, even with that hangover. Thanks everyone. Love that it was on a Saturday too. Makes it much easier for me :)

Had a great time as usual... Good to see such a good turn, with the weather being what it was. Thanks Aldo for the info (electronics 101) will be calling you to pick your brain some more.
Big thanks to George for getting the speaker...
Big thanks to Jonathan Matias for your presentation...
Big thanks to Jcs and Piotr for their tank presentations...
Big thanks to Jarrett for hosting...
But most of all Big thanks to all who attended...

Jarrett- Thanks for opening your office for us. Your set up is killer!
George- Thanks for bringing along Mr. Matias. It was interesting to hear about his research and work.
Harry- Thanks for the coral. I wasn't expecting such a nice piece! Once I get some corals I'm going to have to give you some.

And thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome and great meet. Nice to meet most of you! :beer:

Was nice to meet you, Justin!

Was nice to see everyone, the "regulars" and some new faces and some LIRA guys.

Jarrett- Thanks for opening your office for us. Your set up is killer!
George- Thanks for bringing along Mr. Matias. It was interesting to hear about his research and work.
Harry- Thanks for the coral. I wasn't expecting such a nice piece! Once I get some corals I'm going to have to give you some.

And thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome and great meet. Nice to meet most of you! :beer:

Hey, I didnt get to meet Turbo...

Hey, I didnt get to meet Turbo...

LOL, Antonio he was sitting right next to you in the picture! :bounce3:
IMG01423-20110416-1646.jpg

Thanks Arthur! :) I'm trying.

Photography within it self really isn't easy. But taking pictures of reef tanks is a whole different venture.

My "main" problem besides color representation is my tripod is flimsy... and I need to use a remote to really prevent camera shake.

Found a great deal on a "heavy duty" tripod on ebay.. so got that down. Just researching remotes.

I hope to end up taking pics of majority of NYRC member's tanks...

Yeah, tripods are important. When I was doing b&w I got one to do super long exposures of the sky at night. I am so close to getting a new camera just so I can experiment with some time lapse shots on my acans and favias.

Which of us was it not nice to meet?

hahaha. Jeeze, we meet for a brief minute, and already I'm getting picked on.:hammer: It's great to finally be back where people know what sarcasm is! :lol:

Some people on the fourms here, I didn't get to put a face to. Next time... next time...

Great pics Staaan.

:beer:

Must have been me!

Must have been me!

Which of us was it not nice to meet?

Hey Guy's, Just wanted to say it was great meeting all of you that I had the Chance to talk to while i was there.
And Special Thanks to Larry for Inviting me and My Grandaughter, And Brother in Law. He was Quite Amazed at the whole concept of how complicated it all was to keep alive this Piece of the Sea.
I hope I didn't distrup your meeting with my talking to people while your speaker was giving his presentation, If so i apoligise...
Bill:dance:

Back