AquaIllumination Nano LED

chrisbenavides

Thoughts on the AquaIllumination Nano on a 20 gallon?

I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow with some of my questions (i.e mounting on a 20g tank with a rim).

What controller do I need for a 24-hour cycle? Lightning effect? Wireless?

What accessories are absolutely necessary?

I now want to keep SPS. Currently I only have soft corals/mushrooms, as I'm using an older Coralife PC fixture.

Can anyone share there experience with these lights?

I have had one in use since christmas 2013 so a few weeks now. I am using it on a IM 16 gallon nuvo. It is 24 inches wide tank and the light spreads well.
I made a custom mount and used a Kessil goose neck to mout it over my tank with. I have 3 corals(LPS) in it now all doing great but will transition to SPS after i get 6 months on the tank. But i really like it so far and the controller is nice too(The newer touch controller) Time will tell but it is very bright for its size and i like the clean look as well.

Here is a couple of pics. AS usual the camera does not do it justice.
20140201_171258.jpg

20140201_171343.jpg

Nice pictures! Does it now come with a mount? Will it mount to a basic 20g tank that has a rim? Did you buy the controller?

Nice pictures! Does it now come with a mount? Will it mount to a basic 20g tank that has a rim? Did you buy the controller?

It does not come with a mount but they make a cheap plastic arm mount you buy. I am sure it would mount to your tank but I chose to use the kessil arm.
Yes, I bought the controller separate as it does not come with one.

And the Kessil arm connected to the fixture easily or it needed to be modified?

BTW thanks for your input. :)

You have to make a mount. the stock mount will not fit. I just used a piece of carbon fiber 1.5" wide and 8" long. Drill 3 holes, one in the middle for the kessil(it is threaded with a nut) and 2 holes for the bolts that come with the nano and easy like that. I can take a pic if you want to see. Easy really.

I've been using he controller with the color screen. Very easy to use and it saves you from having to use the touch panel on the light.

Yes, that is the one I have also. It really lets you use all the function of the light... Without it you have very anemic light control.

Back