Aquarium Adventure Sale

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6815867#post6815867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wwildcats04
no, just someone who understands the concept that you are comparing them to online prices and that is simply unfair. I have been a customer there for years because of the good cervice is how nice the store works. 90% of the employes there really know there stuff and that gives me confidense in shopping there. You are right some things are over prices but also you can get some things there for a hell of a lot cheaper than other places and yes, thats including live stock! and im sorry but I do not find there live stock to be looking bad honestly I dont not in the slightest bit

I am sorry you must be blind... I was in there a few wks ago and I saw a Emperor Angel (Juvenile) that looked like hell for 250.00... I have seen one on Phishy's site (local) for 100.00 and was a little bigger... My wife and I saw multi dead fish in quite a few tanks and multi fish gasping for their last breaths... I am sorry, I know that it takes money to run a retail brick and mortar store front but if they had employee who knew what they were talking about and had nice looking displays with good looking fish, with prices were about 40% lower then it would be a very nice place to shop...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6815928#post6815928 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by asnatlas
I am sorry you must be blind... I was in there a few wks ago and I saw a Emperor Angel (Juvenile) that looked like hell for 250.00... I have seen one on Phishy's site (local) for 100.00 and was a little bigger... My wife and I saw multi dead fish in quite a few tanks and multi fish gasping for their last breaths... I am sorry, I know that it takes money to run a retail brick and mortar store front but if they had employee who knew what they were talking about and had nice looking displays with good looking fish, with prices were about 40% lower then it would be a very nice place to shop...

I agree........It has nothing to do with the price, though they are still higher than everyone else. My problem with them is that the quality is sh*@..... Half of the fish there are discolored, boney, full of parasites, and on the verge of death. why would anyone want to buy something that is almost guaranteed to die. Exspecially the salt water, fresh usually isn't as bad. JM2C

dont you mean, comin out of the ..................(insert a selection here. apstasia, or algae, or dead fish)

wow he changed his reply to "lol" real quick. like 1 minute

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6818240#post6818240 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cward
The AA employees are starting to come out of the woodwork now.:lol:

thankfully my computer saved the post

if this is in any violation i will remove it here is the post
btw it is not from me

"lol, just because you see a photo of a fish at Phishy's doesnt mean it always looks that good. Did he sell those Iron B'flys? Thats what the site says, but I bet they died.

You gotta look past the website. When he opens his store he's going to have sick, deformed, or inappropriate fish in stock. He'll have algae, aiptasia, and parasites. It happens. Even CORA members have sub-par, mismaintained aquariums: and they are proud enough of them to have them featured on the site."

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6818340#post6818340 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by woodywood
wow he changed his reply to "lol" real quick. like 1 minute

I'm glad, because it was poor taste.

Are you joking?!

I would be willing to bet every fish Serdar sold has been as healthy as an ox.

I am there 3 days a week and see pretty much EVERYTHING. Best place we have here is Phishy Business. Awesome care, awesome help, awesome selection.

Wait till his store opens.... top notch employees, top notch care, top notch animals.

And FYI- The Iron butterfly did sell. And he was VERY healthy he sent him.

Gotta agree with you Jordan any time I have been to Sedar's the stock was cared for very well.
Just hope he doesn't spread himself thin with the new store, and keep his quality up

Yea. I have a feeling it should be fine.

I mean, he does it for the customers I am sure. His house can get kind of hard to make appointments, so having an open store front will be a benefit to all locals. Not to mention still keeping the online business is important to out of state people.

You gotta give him a pat on the back with all this work:)

The new store may be a little rough at first, but it should be the best in Ohio... or atleast central Ohio.

I used to shop AA when i bred african cichlids they always did have a good selection, they were always high priced thou. It could be a really great store, good location good looking store. Just bad livestock, and bad prices.

Never been there, but planning a trip to Columbus in a couple weeks. Can some one give me contact info and address?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6815742#post6815742 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wwildcats04
how does AA live stock suck? They get fish in that you cant always find every place else and have them on a regular basis. How many stores do you go to that have chevron tangs, moorish idols, blue spot gobies and such in? Also Im not sure if any of you went in and saw the show achiles tangs and naso tangs, now a pink throat trigger. Your right there prices are a little high, get a fish club and they are the same price as every place else. It is not fare to be comparing a store to an online place as far as prices there is no possible way they can compare, Im sorry but it wont happen anywhere you go. Byerlys is just as expensive with stuff Im sorry but they are and their tanks always look like ****. think about how many more employes work at AA and how big the store is and all of that, it also is in a prime location... therefore to pay the bills to keep the store operational they have to have slightly higher prices....

how does AA live stock suck?
Those little white spots on the fish aren't Zits, its Ick, and untreatable in a reef tank.
The corals should have flesh extending over the entire skeleton, not just a little tuft and the rest colonized with hair algae.

They get fish in that you cant always find every place else and have them on a regular basis. How many stores do you go to that have chevron tangs, moorish idols, blue spot gobies and such in? Also Im not sure if any of you went in and saw the show achiles tangs and naso tangs, now a pink throat trigger.
Three actually. For comparison Aquatic Technology sells their Morish Idols for $59.99 and Show size Naso for $159.99

Your right there prices are a little high, get a fish club and they are the same price as every place else
Not even close. plus toe other places don't gouge me, nor do they require me to pay a premium to be gouged a little less.

It is not fare to be comparing a store to an online place as far as prices there is no possible way they can compare, Im sorry but it wont happen anywhere you go.
True but I am sure everyone will agree that they are willing to pay to have access to reliable information, something AA is sorely lacking. b) its keeping the money local, AA is a subsidary of the Petland national pet store chain.

Byerlys is just as expensive with stuff Im sorry but they are and their tanks always look like ****.
No they don't and you are showing niaveti to say the tanks look like crap, they look mature. AA tanks with their Cyano fields looks like crud.

think about how many more employes work at AA and how big the store is
SO, I can hire 50crack heads, whats your point...
Bigger isn't better if you waste space on a black hole like AA does with their aquarium show area. Even if they sell 100 aquariums over a year, they will still loose money in that area that has to be made up on the sale of other things.

it also is in a prime location... therefore to pay the bills to keep the store operational they have to have slightly higher prices....
LOL that is possibly the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard. Thats an example of a ****-poor buisness plan. If they had a descent buisness plan they should be beating their compeditors on price, then killing them with the volume of sales that location generates.

I know one thing for sure, I would shop at Phishy's or Byerly's before I would shop at AA. Every time I've been in there the prices were way to high, the selection was very sad and the help knew nothing about what I was looking at.

Just to add some fire to to the conversation...

I was at AA this past weekend.. Waiting for the wife to get her hair cut somewhere else...

So I browsed around...

Really was interested in buying the little 1" black angler.. But they said he had not eaten yet.. (only been their 3 or 4 days) and their guarantee on fish is only 48 hrs...

Second I recently bought a new skimmer made by Coralife a month ago from PetSolutions.. It was the one rated for 220 Gallons.... and it normally sales for 165.00 and I paid 150.00

AA had a coralife rated for 125 gallon tank and wanted $265.00

Drsfostersmith sells the same on for $127.00

Now I know that LFS's need to raise the price some to cover other costs that internet companies do not occur....

But thats about $140.00 more..... And that is usually the reason I will look on the internet first....

AA has decent $$ on tanks and stands. Some of the other dry goods are hit n miss. The fesh water fish selection is attractive and everything looks in good shape

HOWEVER .. the saltwater isle needs attention big time. I was there this weekend and saw that "chevron tang" so pale white .. at first i doubted what it was .. but its just that ill.

also the bad mama jama display in the rear has a hippo tang dying and mushrooms melting. cmon AA .. that supposed to be your proof that you know what you're doing in the hobby ... the tank looks good from afar but far from good.

also saw a lion dying and a flame angel dying. Saw several ich covered yeller tangs.

Perhaps our tanks are not perfect. But I bet if we had corporate sponsorship ... we would all be in running for TOTM. AA's only excuse can be the knowledge level of the staff.

But in defense of AA managment ... its not like anyone who really knows the ins and outs of reef keeping would quit their day job to go work there. So they gotta make due with what they got.

Back