Are there good Petcos?

My PetCo is reasonably good compare to others.. Being that one of our club member actually works there. So he's quite knowledgeable and does a good job at keeping things in check.

Though the last time I stopped by, the tanks looked oddly different. Tangs were crammed with Damsels, hermits mixed in with snails, and the familiar sight of ich infested fish caught my eyes. I'm guessing he finally moved on to a better job

I'll still most likely shop at PetCo cause their dry goods are cheap, I can get food, media, and chemicals here at half the price of the LFS. Not to mention their "dollar per gallon" sales.

Is this true? Can anyone speculate this? If I had known, I wouldn't of used my Pal Reward, it could of covered overnight shipping

LA gets most all of their fish from QM, guess where petco.com get their fish from??? You guessed it QM. I know this because I ordered a Red Sea regal from petco.com for 90$ (when LA had them for 300$) I called petco.com when the order said it was shipping because I never got a tracking number, they gave me another phone number which was the number to QM (although they don't say QM when they answered the phone) and received my tracking info from them. Long story short the regal wasn't from the Red Sea so I called the QM number back that I was given and talked to the woman there and told her I was sent a regular regal. She sent me out a Red Sea regal the next day, no questions asked. Bottom line all saltwater fish come from QM in this country for big online retailers, it's just a question if you want to pay more for a fish from LA

The petco near my house has very dirty water. I wanted to buy a maroon clownfish but decided against it.

The petco near my house has very dirty water. I wanted to buy a maroon clownfish but decided against it.

Maroon clownfish deserve dirty water!... They can be very aggressive, you should decide against it!

Back