Are U guys deserting the forum?

polyp02

What up guys? What happened to everyone?
Well I am usually here just to check on what's new. I have been fighting hair algea and so far nothing. Just this last weekend I took out about 1/2 lb of hair algea from the sandbed. I have also added a GFO reactor but have not noticed any difference. I was getting low calcium, and dKh readings so I began dosing calcium & raising by hardness. I have also change to reef crystals. My skimmer is still bad. It is not skimming well, I think that is why after I do a water change my glass will be all dirty the next day. I have modified the skimmer so much that I am just going to buy a new one. It is between the PM 200 or the Octopus XS200. I have also added two more light strips as you can see on my avatar pic and changed my spectrum(10000k,6700k, 2-Actinics). I so due to the fact that a frogspawn I bought died(maybe low light level). After doing so, however, all my coralline began to bleach but I have noticed a different colored coralline already growing. I have not added any coral due to the hair algea. Today I checked my parameters here are the results; 8dKh, 440ppm Ca, 8ph(kind of difficult to read on API so not sure), 0 phosphate, 0ammo, 0trates, 0trites.

Back