ATI PowerCone IS series skimmer club

Hrm. Im contacting them again. Not satisfied with how my pump issue worked out. Ill fitment has me ill at ease.

I am glad that your ATI branded pump is working well Ricky!

Hrm. Im contacting them again. Not satisfied with how my pump issue worked out. Ill fitment has me ill at ease.

I am glad that your ATI branded pump is working well Ricky!

Try contacting Klaus at ATI in Germany. He said the pump is still available as well as the parts. If not, Samuel at ATI in North America was able to find parts for my pump so I am sure he can find you a new pump. Send me a PM if you need their emails.

How did you make out. They are sending me a new DC pump upgrade for free. My Eden pump keeps shutting down and ATI is warrantying it for me.

No change, they assure me that this is their solution even though the pump does not fit when placed beside the skimmer. Dont get me wrong, the pump works very well, their execution is just bad.

I was told the the Eden pump was not DC.
Correct to my knowledge. It was an modulated AC pump. There is no power supply, just a controller.

But then again, I'm pretty sure all brushless DC motors are very similar to AC motors in reality.

Last edited:
Correct to my knowledge. It was an modulated AC pump. There is no power supply, just a controller.

But then again, I'm pretty sure all brushless DC motors are very similar to AC motors in reality.

What's up buddy,
It was great seeing you again at Reef A Palooza this year. It has been a long time.

Now back to the pump. What you said is what Sam told me from ATI. The Powercone Eden pumps are not DC. Sam then said new DC pump is much better, even quieter than the Eden pump, more durable and much more stable.

Okay I got the new pump today and it is the new style Jebao DCT-4000 DC with the Grid wheel and it came with a 10 speed controller with 10 minute feed mode. At full power I get 3900 LPH. I have it set to 2350 LPH. It is dead quite.
Also It aligned perfectly to my 200IS so there was no mods needed !!!

Okay I got the new pump today and it is the new style Jebao DCT-4000 DC with the Grid wheel and it came with a 10 speed controller with 10 minute feed mode. At full power I get 3900 LPH. I have it set to 2350 LPH. It is dead quite.
Also It aligned perfectly to my 200IS so there was no mods needed !!!

Not bad! Mine maxes out at 3,485 lph. If my pump dies hopefully they send me the DC-4000 and not the DC-3000.

That is great news, time to talk to ATI about sending me a new pump that fits without hanging in space. Doug do you have any pictures of the new pump fit up?

Is there anyone still using these skimmers? Hardly anyone ever mentions them nowadays.... but everyone I talk to that ever owned one tells me it is the best thing since sliced bread...

I really like the fact that the pump is not inside the skimmer body as is the norm these days as it minimizes height and optimizes reaction chamber size and volume.

Have a 180g reef with some 22 fish and am considering the 200is (unfortunately the 250is is too big for my sump skimmer compartment... [emoji17]).

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anyone still using these skimmers? Hardly anyone ever mentions them nowadays.... but everyone I talk to that ever owned one tells me it is the best thing since sliced bread...

I really like the fact that the pump is not inside the skimmer body as is the norm these days as it minimizes height and optimizes reaction chamber size and volume.

Have a 180g reef with some 22 fish and am considering the 200is (unfortunately the 250is is too big for my sump skimmer compartment... [emoji17]).

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped using mine after ATI switched the replacement pump to a modified Jebao pump.

Back