ATO Replacement Pump

AmherstReef

I have been happily using an Aqualifter pump for my ATO. But with my new basement sump in place the ATO/Kalk container is now a 32 gallon Brute about 3-4 ft away from the sump and the poor little Aqualifter just can't handle it. So I need a new pump, any suggestions ?

Thanks

Well I finally found an alternative the the aqualifter. The Reef Angel ATO Pump, 220ml per minute, about the same as the aqualifter but with 6ft max head compared to only 30" with the aqualifter. And its only $69 which is $30 less than the BRS ATO doser.

I'll comment again when its up an running in case anyone has a similar need.

Interesting, Reef Angel's "dosing" pump looks exactly like all the other cheap imported peristaltic pumps out there (which can be had on eBay for a fraction of what most reef vendors want), but their "ATO" pump doesn't look like any other peristaltic pump I've seen before.

Interesting, Reef Angel's "dosing" pump looks exactly like all the other cheap imported peristaltic pumps out there (which can be had on eBay for a fraction of what most reef vendors want), but their "ATO" pump doesn't look like any other peristaltic pump I've seen before.

Well hopefully that's a good thing, the ATO and other dosing pumps all get good reviews on reef builders and from users at the reef angel forums .

Last edited:
Just got mine a few days ago, works great. It's kind if noisy but this the first peristaltic pump I've ever had so maybe they all are.

Back