Automatic Nori feeder

Make it controller ready and your golden!

I've been using a synchronous DC motor in the ~3rpm range and then gearing it down to turn the feed mechanism at about 1 rpm. It's the same kinds of motor used in many of the peristaltic dosing pumps.

It feeds a fairly consistent inch or so of nori into the tank per minute of running. The power supply is simply plugged into the controller and set on a timer. Nothing is directly measuring the nori fed in, but it consistently feeds in the same amount of nori for a given amount of time run.

My gosh. Try filing a software patent right now. I've had one in process for years. I feel you pain!

If you need a guinea pig, let me know what i can do to help. I have a few hungry tangs that can put that thing to the test.

Can you use a basic controller and have it for example do 15 steps forward, wait (custom)mins, and then like 5 steps back.

So then basically it would enter into the water, wait for the fish to feed, after feeding it would raise back out

You should have purchased a 3D Printer instead, and 3D Printed all the parts.

But Laser cutter is cool too.

3D is not too easy for someone the first time; usually takes a few years to be able to make everything you need. Of course you could always go to MakeXYZ.com and find someone who can print them for you.

I've been using a synchronous DC motor in the ~3rpm range and then gearing it down to turn the feed mechanism at about 1 rpm. It's the same kinds of motor used in many of the peristaltic dosing pumps.

It feeds a fairly consistent inch or so of nori into the tank per minute of running. The power supply is simply plugged into the controller and set on a timer. Nothing is directly measuring the nori fed in, but it consistently feeds in the same amount of nori for a given amount of time run.

Are you still around? Any chance for an update? I would like one if you're still making them. Saw you patented it. Hope you are doing well with it!

Back