automatic water change

Hi

Can I use Stenner 100DMP4 with a timer? I have a 180g display tank with about 150g actual water in it, and how long should I run the pump in order to change 2g per day?

thanks!

Hi

Can I use Stenner 100DMP4 with a timer? I have a 180g display tank with about 150g actual water in it, and how long should I run the pump in order to change 2g per day?

thanks!

I'm not an expert here so take my reply with a grain of salt.

If I'm not mistaken, that model [100DMP4] is fixed rate 70GPD pump. However, it is not 70 gallons per day for each pump. Each pump delivers 37.5 gallons per day. So a combined 70 for both pumps running together.

Now at 37.5 GPD removal, that's 37.5 Gal/24Hrs or 1.56 Gallon per Hour. So it appears as though if you run that pump on one channel for ~77 minutes, you'll pull out ~2gallons...

If I'm not mistaken, that model [100DMP4] is fixed rate 70GPD pump. However, it is not 70 gallons per day for each pump. Each pump delivers 37.5 gallons per day. So a combined 70 for both pumps running together.

Now at 37.5 GPD removal, that's 37.5 Gal/24Hrs or 1.56 Gallon per Hour. So it appears as though if you run that pump on one channel for ~77 minutes, you'll pull out ~2gallons...

35 gpd?

I have the 100DMP4 pump and run it on my 180gal system. It runs 15min every 4 hours = 90 min/day. Since it changes out such a small amount each time I dont worry about the temp, pH, Alk....etc of the water in my AWC barrel.

Here's the Apex Program
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 025:00/015:00/200:00 Then ON

Sounds about right.

Thank you! 2000se! I just hooked it up today and planning to run 2g per day. I will keep you guys posted.

I have the 100DMP4 pump and run it on my 180gal system. It runs 15min every 4 hours = 90 min/day. Since it changes out such a small amount each time I dont worry about the temp, pH, Alk....etc of the water in my AWC barrel.

Here's the Apex Program
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 025:00/015:00/200:00 Then ON

thanks you for the info ! =)

Anyone know how to fix this issue I am having with my stenner?

My stenner is located in my garage. It's pumping more water back into the sump than it's taking out and sending to the drain. I ran the pump for 45 min dry when I first got it per stenner a recommendations to break it in. So far I've run it for an additional hour. I plan on running it 4 times a day, 5 days a week. After each 20 min cycle I noticed my sump water level has risen during the process and it's not because my ago came on mid cycle.

This is going to cause my salinity to rise over time which make this not as automated as I wanted since I'll have to closely monitor salinity.

My stenner is located in my garage. It's pumping more water back into the sump than it's taking out and sending to the drain. I ran the pump for 45 min dry when I first got it per stenner a recommendations to break it in. So far I've run it for an additional hour. I plan on running it 4 times a day, 5 days a week. After each 20 min cycle I noticed my sump water level has risen during the process and it's not because my ago came on mid cycle.

This is going to cause my salinity to rise over time which make this not as automated as I wanted since I'll have to closely monitor salinity.

Ide measure the in and the out for like 10 minutes into clean cups and measure results with an accurate graduate. Thats a better way of evaluating whether this is a true concern than watching sump level.

When i first ran mine i noticed a slight difference but when i fiqured out the difference it was insignificant. I posted this in the first few pages of this thread.

Ive continued to run mine now for a few years (when this thread was started) and ive had no issues with salinity.

AquamanE,
Have you changed your pump tubing since you started running the stenner? I started up my stenner about six months or so after you but haven't changed anything since.

I believe part of your tube is running empty (air only, no water). Change the tube will fix the issue.

I have been running this set up for 2 weeks now, and everything is doing perfectly, and even skimmer works better than before

A DOS would fix it... (Sorry)
New tubing? Then try switching the tubing from A to B. Otherwise, it's a Stenner with known variances. That was my excuse for leaving and going Apex DOS. I love being able to add more nsw due to wet skimming, or to raise/lower my salinity, simply by programming.... currently I add 500ml more nsw daily, than I remove osw, due to skimming. I Love the minutia.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AquamanE,
Have you changed your pump tubing since you started running the stenner? I started up my stenner about six months or so after you but haven't changed anything since.

Larry- yes I did. Like 2 months ago. Not because I needed too, but because I was re-doing everything in my tank closet, so decided to have everything fresh.

When you buy a Stenner it comes with a set of new tubing. Thats what I used. Instructions on how to change them is a challenge to find. I saw some videos on youtube and used that as a guide. HOWEVER- I never found a video or instructions on the second head. All I found was for one head. I tried this i tried that to get to second head with no accomplishments.

After I had almost given up, I called there technical support number. It was a breath of fresh air. They helped me from start to finish. Its challenging when you dont know what you are doing, yet simple when you do.

So my advise when changing tubing, look up you tube, then call them. Its not as hard as it looks as long as you get correct advice.

Question for you guys/gals doing the AWC, (maybe this was answered already in the 68 pages. If so, sorry for asking again) -

Do you still run your skimmer now that you've been doing AWC consistently?

I do. I change about a gallon a day on a moderately stocked 80 gallon system and the skimmer still pulls a good amount of sludge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question for you guys/gals doing the AWC, (maybe this was answered already in the 68 pages. If so, sorry for asking again) -

Do you still run your skimmer now that you've been doing AWC consistently?

Yes, 3-5 gallons a day (depending on if I'm fiddling with things) and this is 5 days of skimming on my 180:

33599271853_7c0cebc9d6_b.jpg

Back