Background paint

jahel318

What kind of paint can I use to paint the outside background on my tank? Something I can easily remove if I get tired of the color.....

Plasti-dip should peel right off if you decide you don't want it anymore.

Normal paint would need to be scraped off with a razor. More work less cost.

Either would fit your needs just fine.

Plasti Dip is like $6 a can and you can peel it right off if you want with ease. *Side Note** I plasti dip everything I think I'm addicted. ..lol

FYI, If you keep your back glass clean, (I do) you'll want to use tint rather than paint. Algae magnets will likely scrap away the paint.

Lol. Yeah I know.

Paint does not adhere to glass all that well. So years of running the "dry" side of an algae scrapper across the back glass will likely result in scratches and blemishes to out right peeling away. Especially plasti dip. I don't find that products to be all that adhesive.

I would disagree about paint not sticking to glass very well. The last time I painted my house I thought I would not tape off the windows and just scrape of the paint later. That was a mistake, I was working my a#$ off to get it all removed. That being said I think all of these options are good. Also, if you keep your back glass clean I'm not sure anything back there is going to last very long. I say let the back cover with coralline!!!

Clownman727 you should of used plasti dip on your house it would of been easier to remove off your windows....

If you have a Michael's near you, they have thin cardboard that is blue or black in color. That's what I use and use 2-sided tape to put it on and just cut it to size. It's only $3.

Just something to thing about. If the tank is against the wall there's no doing it over once it's set up. The tint on my back glass hasn't budged and my glass looks the same as it did when I first set it up 14 months ago. In my opinion, coraline on the back glass takes away from the infinite depth you get when the back is clean. Hell, if I wasn't doing a semi C2C overflow on my new build, I would make a shadow box. Perhaps another alternative to the shadow box would be to have a sign maker print what would appear to be a shadow box. :) Either way I find this look very cool.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
Back