Best anenome for a sps reef

ttam

I am looking for an anenome for my 45 gallon sps tank. My tank is still kinda new and I am just wondering which one would be best.

We usually advise tank be at least 6 months old to be semi established and balanced params for a nem.
My fav for a mixed is a malu, stays small, stays in sand bed, so corals on rocks are fairly safe.

I have a 46 bow display with a 38 gallon sump and a red and green mini carpet anem,. I used to have some rock anemones but my peppermint shrimp ate them.

I'd second the Malu. I'd really think that most other anemones that host clowns will either get too large or have other issues that will cause problems with an sps tank. Just bear in mind that this species of anemone only hosts clarkii's naturally in the wild. That doesn't mean that other clowns species won't take to them eventually.

Those men's are sweet. If you don't mind can you tell me where you got them and how much you paid?

I got mine from a fellow local reefer, think I paid like $60, it was a while ago.
There are online vendors, liveaquaria often has them, check divers den, or usually a LFS can get one for you.

I got mine from a fellow local reefer, think I paid like $60, it was a while ago.
There are online vendors, liveaquaria often has them, check divers den, or usually a LFS can get one for you.

Sweet I'll ask them if they can get one in.

Back