Best tanks from around the world.

Thanks for posting this one....it has always been one of my favorites (even though it was an open system). It has all the hallmarks of a great disply:

1) no visual pollution like overflows, powerheads, corraline on the glass, piping, etc.

2) fantastic aquascaping with just right balance of filled vs. open space that gives the illusion of infinite depth.

3) no over crowding or overgrown corals to give that cramped look.

4) a pleasing color balance.

IIRC, they have to use natural sea water to keep the carnations alive. The open, clean-ness and none over crowding aspect of this tank is second to none. A lot of tanks start out with a great aquascrape but overtime the shape is lost due to overgrown and eventually becomes a huge "coral wall" which destroy depth.

I am looking forward to your next tank. :)

i really like emster tank jan 09 totm

ftsSM.jpg

This is seriously amazing! It makes me want to buy everything in every one of these tanks!!! ahhh, I cant resist :)

what country does Alexanders Girz' aquarium represent? I've never seen that one before, thanks

He is one of the Zeovit legends from Germany! That was his old tank. One of the first to use the Zeovit system.

This was his recent tank. Not sure if it is still up and running though.
DSC06496.jpg

DSC06660.jpg

Great thread guys!

<table align="center" bgcolor="#ccecff" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="641"><tbody><tr><td height="6" width="12">
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
bullet1.gif
[/FONT]​
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top;">
</td><td height="6" width="346">[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1] Main Tank: 5800 liters (1532 gallons)[/SIZE][/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#006699" height="6" width="255">
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Main Tank Dimensions: [/SIZE][/FONT]​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="12">
bullet1.gif
[/FONT]​
</td><td width="346">[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Connected Seahorse Tank: 475 liters (125 gallons)[/SIZE][/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#006699" width="255">
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Length: 6 m[/SIZE][/FONT]​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="12">
bullet1.gif
[/FONT]​
</td><td width="346">[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Fragment Tank: 575 liters (152 gallons)[/SIZE][/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#006699" width="255">
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Sides: 165 cm[/SIZE][/FONT]​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="13" width="12">
bullet1.gif
[/FONT]​
</td><td height="13" width="346">[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Sump: 1000 liters (264 gallons)[/SIZE][/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#006699" height="13" width="255">
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Height: 90 cm[/SIZE][/FONT]​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="21" width="12">
bullet1.gif
[/FONT]​
</td><td height="21" width="346">[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Total System Volume: 7850 liters (2074 gallons)[/SIZE][/FONT]</td> <td bordercolor="#000000" bgcolor="#006699" height="21" width="255">
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=-1]Glass Thickness: 22 mm
[/SIZE][/FONT]​
</td></tr></tbody></table>

How many years have you had your tank? I'm always wondering if people just buy colonies of everything right off the bat or just over many years of time...? Gorgeous tank btw.:dance:

The tank has been up since 2006. Almost everything in the tank started as frags. It's much more fun to watch it grow.

Man oh man, but if I have to pick one I'd have it would be Suijlekorn's. I don't know when I'd leave to go to work but the shear size of it is amazing let alone what it's stocked with. I don't think I'd watch TV again.:spin3:

Back