Best tanks from around the world.

Thanks Gasman.

2007-04-23a013.jpg

Another Japanese tank:

gt_01.jpg

Thanks for posting this one....it has always been one of my favorites (even though it was an open system). It has all the hallmarks of a great disply:

1) no visual pollution like overflows, powerheads, corraline on the glass, piping, etc.

2) fantastic aquascaping with just right balance of filled vs. open space that gives the illusion of infinite depth.

3) no over crowding or overgrown corals to give that cramped look.

4) a pleasing color balance.

Just a remarkable display.....

Steves tank was one of legends. He dismantled it over a year ago :(

Thank you Mark....that's quite nice to hear. I do have plans to return to SPS keeping...... bigger and better...... when this historic downturn is a thing of the past. My coldwater tank seems lonely in my garage afterall.

Thank you Mark....that's quite nice to hear. I do have plans to return to SPS keeping...... bigger and better...... when this historic downturn is a thing of the past. My coldwater tank seems lonely in my garage afterall.

bigger maybe, better idoubt it! that tank was unbelieveable!

teach, those updated shots are intense. The aquascaping and coral forms make that tank look way bigger than a 180. One of the best Ive seen, nice work.

Steve West: cant wait to see what you pull out of your hat next time. Your sytem's have always been an inspiration for me. And at the risk of sounding ignorant, what did you mean when you said the japanese tank was an "open" system?

wowwwwwwww hummmmmmmmmm let me think what should i write here, wooowwwwwwwww i guess this is all i can say it. speechless. great job everyone i hope when i grow up i can be just like you guys.:rollface::dance::dance:

No problem Steve. I really like what your coldwater tank has turned into with the automated feeding. Your SPS tank was one of my favorites and it inspired so many of "the next generation" of SPS reefkeepers.

anyone here knows Mark128 something like that. he's tank is a beauty too... really nice color's.. could someone post some of his pictures here...

And at the risk of sounding ignorant, what did you mean when you said the japanese tank was an "open" system?

That system, IIRC, was "open" to the ocean (ocean water flowing in and out).....like Monterey Bay Aquarium.....not "closed" like the the Atlanta Aquarium or our systems......hence his ability to keep dendros.

Not withstanding.....it's a fantastic example of forced perspective aquascaping....and the absence of clutter on the sand only enhances the experience. It's really distracting to me when I see soldier rows of clams, zoos, or frags lined up on the sand bed.

Back