Bryopsis possible solution

I am not sure if it will kill all algae, but it definitely worked on my Bry. I am still free of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked cuz i use an ats for filtration, so i might cut Gfo and carbon and try this with the scrubber online and see if it kills everything or not. That will pretty mich definitively answer that question.

Curious if this will effect coral at all? I have some higher end sps stuff id hate to lose. But i guess I might try it since my bryopsis keeps spreading at this point.

Thanks for the Thomas labs link.

Well after reading more it effects all algae, so ill shut down the scrubber too i guess.

I don't have a huge outbreak but its on the fringe if being an issue. Thanks for this, you should consider posting this in the chemistry forum aswell.

Last edited:
I asked cuz i use an ats for filtration, so i might cut Gfo and carbon and try this with the scrubber online and see if it kills everything or not. That will pretty mich definitively answer that question.

Curious if this will effect coral at all? I have some higher end sps stuff id hate to lose. But i guess I might try it since my bryopsis keeps spreading at this point.

Thanks for the Thomas labs link.

Well after reading more it effects all algae, so ill shut down the scrubber too i guess.

I don't have a huge outbreak but its on the fringe if being an issue. Thanks for this, you should consider posting this in the chemistry forum aswell.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't risk the scrubber while running this. I also have high end SPS. My Bry was so bad that I lost some pieces and was losing others. This treatment was a savior for me. From the day of dosing it none of my SPS got any worse, and within a few days I could actually see a difference with some of them starting to rebound.

I didn't realize how expensive those tablets were. Comparing to our tanks it's a drop in the bucket, but still...pricey.

I know it seems expensive but compared to what I spent trying to eradicate Bryopsis, loses of SPS, months of heavy maintenance in trying to eradicate and months of hating my tank because of it all, for me it was a drop in the bucket.

I know it seems expensive but compared to what I spent trying to eradicate Bryopsis, loses of SPS, months of heavy maintenance in trying to eradicate and months of hating my tank because of it all, for me it was a drop in the bucket.

I completely understand, I did find other sites that were cheaper than I previously found, so not nearly as bad as I thought.

Trust me, I'd rather spend $50-100, compared to restocking!

Good luck and please keep us updated!

I completely understand, I did find other sites that were cheaper than I previously found, so not nearly as bad as I thought.

Trust me, I'd rather spend $50-100, compared to restocking!

Good luck and please keep us updated!

I definitely will. Since starting this thread in early November there are still no signs of Bryopsis in my aquarium.

What's the dosage?

My write-up at the start of the thread has the full procedure including the dosage I used. It is 150mg per 30L. One dose for 15 days.

Two more days. Here is day 11. I still see some strands of (what looks like dead) algae (can't ID it, its just strands) here and there stuck on some tube structures of vermetid snails. I brush at them breaking tubes and all on occasion. It does look all dead though, and just hasn't physically broken off yet.
IMG_2010.jpg~original

Today, day 12. I turned the skimmer on today. If the stuff stays dead as it seems to be then all is well. If not i will re-dose the tank and go for another round. I got 30 caps and only used 8 (200mg ea.) for the dose. I think i paid $1 per capsule which was shockingly low considering the prices i saw elsewhere, even on dodgy sites.
IMG_2015.jpg~original

Might even start water changes again, maybe tomorrow...

Two more days. Here is day 11. I still see some strands of (what looks like dead) algae (can't ID it, its just strands) here and there stuck on some tube structures of vermetid snails. I brush at them breaking tubes and all on occasion. It does look all dead though, and just hasn't physically broken off yet.

Today, day 12. I turned the skimmer on today. If the stuff stays dead as it seems to be then all is well. If not i will re-dose the tank and go for another round. I got 30 caps and only used 8 (200mg ea.) for the dose. I think i paid $1 per capsule which was shockingly low considering the prices i saw elsewhere, even on dodgy sites.

Might even start water changes again, maybe tomorrow...

mind pming me where you got it from? only stuff ive seen is considerably more expensive.

Started flucanazole dosing a few days back. Finger crossing. Bryopsis is losing feathers and significant yellow now.

Can you guys share where you got the flucanazole?

Please send me a PM with where you bought your medication. My coral/invert QT came up with bryopsis out of nowhere. Haven't dealt with this in years. It's a low nutrient system to begin with but this crap is out of control. Spent 2 hours going through every frag and plucking anything I could out of the tank. I may join this club if it keeps coming back, which I suspect it will.

Thanks!!

Do any of you guys have anemones? If so, how did they handle the treatment? I wonder if it would be effective against neomeris?

Back