Bryopsis possible solution

Fluconazole is not going to affect anything in your system other than Bryopsis and gha. You won't notice a change until 4-6 days into the treatment so don't get frustrated if you see nothing happen immediately.

How quickly the bryopsis shows signs of dying off depends on the health of it to begin with; those who tried vibrant and moved onto fluconazole saw improvement in just 24 hours (myself included).

It's been six weeks since I've seen a strand of bryopsis and I hope to never see it again, fluconazole worked very well for me.

Fluconazole is not going to affect anything in your system other than Bryopsis and gha. You won't notice a change until 4-6 days into the treatment so don't get frustrated if you see nothing happen immediately.

Roger that. And thanks again to all those who have contributed to the thread. Will update in a couple days.

Just another update . So I'm now 1 month from ending treatment. Display tank still shows no sign of byropsis returning. In the sump where the algae is under some halogen lighting I have a few rocks kept . In this area only I have seen a return on the byropsis , but I am assuming this is due to the light being so suitable in there. I've removed the rocks !

I thought I'd throw my experience into the collective. I just finished 1 month of treatment. My bryopsis was gone by day 14. I then did a water change and re-dosed and ran it another 2 weeks for good measure. Yesterday I cleared it from my system so we'll see how it goes. But I'm fairly confident it's gone for good. I only had some in the deep cracks in my rocks. Here's a series of pics from one of the spots:

Day 1

1%20-%2003112017.jpg~original

Day 4

1%20-%2003142017.jpg~original

Day 6

1%20-%2003162017.jpg~original

Day 8

1%20-%2003182017.jpg~original

Day 10

1%20-%2003202017.jpg~original

Day 14

1%20-%2003242017.jpg~original

Another update from me . The byropsis has returned to my display after around 1.5 months. Going to give it another go

I did not have bad bryopsis since I had recently dipped all my rock in H2O2, but I did have some creeping back up. Dosed 3000mg for a 150 total system, now day 7 and basically all the bryopsis is gone. No other issues noted. Will likely run for another 7 days...

Same thing, have a minor bloom 2 months after treatment and am using a higher dose now. Seems to be working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dosage for me cost $230 hope I don't have to repeat this multiple times.
I'm not sure what size tank you have. But I know that I've p****d away a lot more than that amount fighting this scourge over the years in my (300g TWV) system. I cannot speak for others, but one treatment was, and continues to be, successful for me.
Keep the faith!

Byropsis back to full bloom , did anyone else have it return, or just me ?

I have not had anything come back now at 4 months. I completely kill off my ATS (on purpose) to not accidentally bring anything in with it (I had it off system during treatment).

Go to a vet and get a script, without one you'll pay for one tablet what you can get for a pack of 28 with script.

Are we dosing all at once or gradually?

Back