Bryopsis possible solution

I am on day 10. There is some improvement but the algae is not gone. And the algae in shadows looks less affected than the stuff in the light. Just thought I would share.

So the does is 200 mg per 10 gallons / daily for 5 days?

I wonder what the falloff or residual is. Water change or no, you know? Just makes me wonder.

No. 200 mg for each 10 gallons one time only. Results usually start to be seen four or five days into the treatment

Day 6 of treatment and all byropsis virtually gone. I have a couple of thin whispy bits left . I dosed 10,000mg , turned lights off for 24 hrs and then ran only white, green and red light in the end . I also kept dosing vibrant 40mg per week. I am so happy :) trying to rid my tank of byropsis for 1.5 years . Who ever found this treatment , thank you !!

UPDATE: I recently noticed some re growth and dosed the 20mg/gal dose last night. would not recommend the low dose.

I am on day 10. There is some improvement but the algae is not gone. And the algae in shadows looks less affected than the stuff in the light. Just thought I would share.

I am now day 16 (I think ) and there is a 50% improvement. I think I over estimated rock and sand volume so used too little diflucan.

I had bryopsis plumosa that completely overran my 320 gallon. I mean, completely and utterly covered all rocks with 4-10 inch long strands. 2 cups of Epsom salt slowly killed all bryopsis over a period of a couple months AND treated a fish for popeye!

Has anyone tried this on a maintenance basis? My bryopsis is gone from round 1, but some of my HA/turf that died off is coming back. Wondering about a secondary dosage. I know this is a nutrient issue and I'm working that separately but just trying to stay ahead of it.

Has anyone tried this on a maintenance basis? My bryopsis is gone from round 1, but some of my HA/turf that died off is coming back. Wondering about a secondary dosage. I know this is a nutrient issue and I'm working that separately but just trying to stay ahead of it.

Dunno bout that but I ran gdo/carbon, did water change and just re-dosed. Not convinced this will eradicate hair/turf alga.

And not clear that nutrient reduction helps either. Mine got worse the cleaner the water got during my catastrophe. I fear a repeat...

A repeat dose probably will be helpful as most medications need multiple does to work. I chatted with a doctor at work whom hypothesized that multiple does would be worth a try. I might give another dose a try.
BTW my cheato has still grown during the last two weeks.

all finished , Day 14

before

picture.php
picture.php

After

picture.php
picture.php

I was hoping I had bryopsis, but alas it some sort of hellish turf algae that I cannot ID. GFO/carbon and strict nutrient import for me...

I had bryopsis plumosa that completely overran my 320 gallon. I mean, completely and utterly covered all rocks with 4-10 inch long strands. 2 cups of Epsom salt slowly killed all bryopsis over a period of a couple months AND treated a fish for popeye!

What?!?! Is this another Bryopsis cure I haven't heard of yet?

Epsom salt is just magnesium, so you probably had heard of it before. Maybe even tried it... Didn't cure mine.

Has anyone tried this on a maintenance basis?

Not sure i'd want to do that to the fish. We don't know what long term damage it may cause (potential side effects on the medication are not great) and unless you add bryopsis again i don't see it coming back (3? months now since mine went away). Maybe add new frags to a quarantine with some of this stuff in it instead, but only dose the main tank if actually needed.

Back