Bubble Magus BM160

i always preffer bigger skimmer :D

if you want to run in sump go with the BM150 (also come with the aquab B pump)

if you want to run external go with the BM160 .

this is was my chosen but the BM 100 can work good to on that tank size .

some update , i use air valve to control on the bubble and here is how it's skimming now :

PIC_0362.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13129334#post13129334 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mavgi
some update , i use air valve to control on the bubble and here is how it's skimming now :

PIC_0362.jpg

In this picture I noticed the foam in your sump, Did you overflow the skimmer?

In the previous pictures there was no foam in the sump. or possibly did you seed it for the picture?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13152218#post13152218 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vangogh121
In this picture I noticed the foam in your sump, Did you overflow the skimmer?

In the previous pictures there was no foam in the sump. or possibly did you seed it for the picture?
Looks seeded to me... I can't imagine those numbers pulling that skimmate.

If not, then kudos.

Repeat, looks like the neck inside the collection is too narrow, so the foam is excessive and could easily overflow the skimmer. My guess is the skimmer was design for the Asian version Aquabee, not the USA version which is too strong. 700lph air draw is great, I think both H&S and Deltec are only getting 550lph and the new ATB small is only getting 650lph on a bigger pump than the Aquabee.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13159065#post13159065 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hahnmeister
The eheim 1250 is what was used on the small... it is not larger than the aquabee 2001.

Sorry for being off-topic. Can you provide me with air and wattage draw of the Eheim 1250 with a needlewheel?

Regards,
Steve

Last edited:
wow, nice AB air draw. I mesh mod an AB2000 for a consistant 11-12 LPM at 10 watts, but seeing the 2000/1 pulling 12 LPM with a needlewheel at 25 watts is impressive. My H&S AB2000/1 pulls about 7 LPM and 11 watts.

Mavgi - can you show the power factor please?

Correct, the BM150 is not a recirc so it just uses the aquabee.
My BM100 is working nicely so far. I do have the Atman pump rather than the aquabee since it's the BM100, and I have restart issues... I have to blow into the venturi to get it rolling again. If I had paid more than 150 bucks, I would complain more, but I'm getting very nice skimming from this unit (despite my minor water level fluctuations in the sump) and it meets my criteria of very very quiet since my tank is in the bed room so I can overlook (for now) the pump restart issue. If it become more than just having to blow into the airline, well that will be a whole other matter.

If it follows same as other in sump skimmers, probably 6" to 8" sump water depth is best. Must be consistent sump water level or in sump skimmers do not do well.

the BM100 I have suggests that 10" water depth in the sump is ideal.
Mine runs well in just shy of 9" but the variation of water level from the ATO is noticeable.

If Mavgi thinks it is a good skimmer than it is a good skimmer. He is the one who refined meshwheel. I dont know why but I can guess why, some members are not very fond of him.

yeniraki :

Thank you for the compliment :)

FishGuy5 :

i run the BM 160 and i was impressed it's good skimmer for the price and work not bad at all , but this one also have the Aqua B pump (my neighbor both this skimmer and he very happy with it.

IMO the pump that run on this skimmer body can handle even a wider neck without any problem.

i am also getting tomorrow the Hang On one and this will change Sea Clone on a friend tank , it's a new tank and i will run it on my sump to see how realy it perform.

Question for you Mavgi

Question for you Mavgi

I just installed the same BM160 skimmer in my tank - yesterday.

I noticed that you said you were controlling the air intake with an air valve? Your pictures indicate that this is a performance increasing modification - correct?

My skimmer did not come with such a valve, so am going to assume that you added this on? Excuse my ignorance, but where does a person find such a valve?

Back