Build a bigger home, build a bigger tank!

Thanks I'm on vacation now but when I get home I want to get this sorted, get some of those old pics back up and start posting more regularly.

You need to hurry up and get back man. Naw I'm playing enjoy yourself and family. Make it back safely to keep us updated.

Question for those who've used dry rock. How long was it before it started to look like "live rock", I know its colonized with bacteria for nitrification but just wondering how long that took for most folks, over / under 6 months?

Took about 6 months for my rock to look alive. But it also depends on what kind of rock you are using. I think your rock will look live within 4 months and very alive within 8 months. good luck with the build

Doug, are you back from vacation yet? where are those pictures and did you order your live stock locally? if so who?
Jim

I wish i could take a vacation that long! I'm back just haven't had time to post much lately. My wife and i are expecting a little girl next month so lots of projects on the new home taking up my time. Other than what came from my old tank, fish came from liveaquaria, corals from vivid (i was out there on business and had an order sent home), world wide corals (the had a couple tanks here locally), and liveaquaria. I need to get some frags from Seth's tank.

Back