butterflies in reefs

Wonder if mine was a QM fish... My LFS mostly stocks QM fish but they didn't have the QM tag for my Klein's.
This is my first butterfly and man was I missing out. Such a pretty fish. Trying to think of how I can swing more. There's a nice Yellow Longnose on DD and I do have a credit with them....

How often should I be feeding my Klein's in QT? Right now I'm doing once a day - would like to do at least 2 but I worry about ammonia spikes especially when I drop down to hypo.

Time to get this thread going again, I just ordered two Pearlyscales :Chaetodon xanthurus

I have some small sps frags.... cross your fingers...

I will update after this QT--

Those black outlined scales vs. the stripped bars....

To me- I really like them.. Not worried about the frags-(very small "chips" from a buddy) if I loose them, kinda put them in because I was curious if they would taste good- I have a good trap as well.

Thanks!

link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00002212

Just found this. :3

Hemitaurichthys polylepis feeds on zooplankton, and then there's a bunch of butterfly/bannerfish that feeds on non-coralline inverts. Most are either facultative or or obligatory coral feeders tho.

2015-12-05%2015.19.56_zpsvuh2tvku.png

For starters, is the the reason you seem to only have SPS? Does he nip? Do you feel like he would do damage in a smaller tank with less coral, or different kinds of coral?

Back