Bwhit1406's 150 gallon Reef

bwhit1406

Hello,
The last 3 years since my son was born i have kept a 60 gallon cube with easy coral and fish. The last month has involved alot of wheeling and dealing and now i have my old handmade stand from my 125 and a 150 Gallon Aqueon tank. I made the transfer from my cube in a marathon this past weekend. The tank is running, just have alot of odds and ends to finish. Here are some pictures i snapped. [URL=http://s752.photobucket.com/u...Uploads/20151210_092913_zpso6hbsjws.jpg[/IMG] /URL]

The lighting i am using is 250watt Metal Halide 14k over the center, a D120 Led on each end, and 2 80 watt T5 Actinic plus bulbs running the length. I plan on keeping Sps in center and softies on the ends. Still setting up my controller any suggestions for lighting schedule?

It has been about 20 days since i started the tank. I have new coral growth and i have corraline growing on rocks and the bottom. I really like my light setup so far. I also got my dosers setup and will monitor my levels, to get it dialed in.

Birdsnest rock with lots of new growth

December has been a busy month for me at work. There are alot of things i wanted to do on the tank that i just have not had time for. I did however build my return plumbing tonight and will install tommorrow. I have been running a temp return for the last month.

Also i have had a refugium on all my tanks so far but am thinking of skipping it on this one any thoughts? I run Gfo and carbon and am Bare Bottom.

December has been a busy month for me at work. There are alot of things i wanted to do on the tank that i just have not had time for. I did however build my return plumbing tonight and will install tommorrow. I have been running a temp return for the last month.

Also i have had a refugium on all my tanks so far but am thinking of skipping it on this one any thoughts? I run Gfo and carbon and am Bare Bottom.

I used to run fug but didn't on last few systems. Only neg I saw was not being able to keep ph up during lights out over night. But sand does say on bags that it helps maintain ph so if u have sand in the tank maybe u will have better luck. I always have run bb tanks. The multitank system I just setup is first time I have run a fug in about 8 years. To early to say if I like it or not but ph is better now!

Back