C. meredithi questions

it'll be a good three weeks from now and the 6" meredithi goes in first along with a chrysurus angel. then 2 weeks after, the smaller meredithi goes in at night.. by that time, i'll probably ask for some advice. unless you have some immediate suggestions. there are too many variables such as having a emepror juvie, blueface and powder brown, all about 4" in the DT already. they've been in the tank since april. i could hold off and put both of the meredithi in at the same time... i really dont know. i'll see what people around here think about it.

the 2 meredithi will be the biggest fish in the tank. also, a 5.5" PBT in holding also. he'll probably wont be ready for another 5-6 weeks. just started hypo.

2_1.jpg

My, how they've grown!!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ammtaiUfHB0?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ammtaiUfHB0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The male is BIG... like an outstretched hand. I have two MJ1200 mods in this 110g. I plan on at least two more in the 240g.

Some crappy pictures of some beautiful fish, bfore they get moved to the new 240g...

The male:
IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512-1.jpg

IMG_1487-1.jpg

And the female:
IMG_1491-1.jpg

Wow awesome face! I have a True Personifer and I love seeing the difference between the Meredithi and T. Personifer.

Great pics!

I am actually quite interested to see a personifer with a full adult male mask, to compare. I have yet to see one posted on this forum...

Peter, there's a pair of true personifers on DD right now. :D

Yup, saw those! But again, nothing but grey faces, like pretty much every picture I've seen on here of a personifer. I would think by now some people's have changed to blue? Basically, I'm pretty darn skeptical about personifers... I think they are the less attractive, yet larger version (never mind the $$$$) of the meredithi :eek:

I would have your Meredithi pair over those as well. Yours are gorgeous. I am wondering if my blue-face would allow any more angels in my tank. :)

Yup, saw those! But again, nothing but grey faces, like pretty much every picture I've seen on here of a personifer. I would think by now some people's have changed to blue? Basically, I'm pretty darn skeptical about personifers... I think they are the less attractive, yet larger version (never mind the $$$$) of the meredithi :eek:

I'm sure you have probably seen jawsee's old TP pair..
Both his looks male.
personifers8-20110051600x1200.jpg

personifers8-20110041600x1200.jpg

personifers8-20110061600x1200.jpg

I have seen those pictures. Let's just say I'm very happy to have ended up with meredithis ;)

The pair was finally transferred from the 110g to the new 240g. The male is HEAVY!

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

What kind of WC schedule and how much are you doing with the 240g?

Do you do anything for nitrate control? I've been dosing ~30ml vodka/day and am at <10 nitrates.

I change 80g at a time. Since the tank is kind of new, I haven't really worked out a set schedule just yet. Vodka dosing is an option since the SWC300 could handle it. I have a large fuge that I plan to grow macro algae in.

Some very disappointing news to report. Both angels were a bit fussy after the move... in fact the male didn't eat for the first few days. But by last weekend everything seemed fine. Yesterday I came home to find the male huddled next to the overflow, head pointing down. Breathing looked OK, but he had some weird marks on his body. I didn't really have time to deal with it since I had people coming over. Well, I bring my friend Larry into the room to see the new tank and there it is... the female meredithi tearing the male apart... not bothering to bite his fins... going straight for the body. So it looks like my meredithis are following in the footsteps of so many famous Hollywood couples and getting a divorce :(

I was a little afraid this would happen one day, since she is so close to his size, and her blue face also had yellow dots in it, albeit smaller. Yesterday I already noticed those yellow dots looking much larger than before. Seems the tank transfer was the turning point.

The good news... I was able to go 3:30am fishing this morning and caught him without incident. Luckily I still had the old 110g filled, so I plopped him back in there. I have at least two friends that can take him, so he'll end up in a good home.

Some very disappointing news to report. Both angels were a bit fussy after the move... in fact the male didn't eat for the first few days. But by last weekend everything seemed fine. Yesterday I came home to find the male huddled next to the overflow, head pointing down. Breathing looked OK, but he had some weird marks on his body. I didn't really have time to deal with it since I had people coming over. Well, I bring my friend Larry into the room to see the new tank and there it is... the female meredithi tearing the male apart... not bothering to bite his fins... going straight for the body. So it looks like my meredithis are following in the footsteps of so many famous Hollywood couples and getting a divorce :(

I was a little afraid this would happen one day, since she is so close to his size, and her blue face also had yellow dots in it, albeit smaller. Yesterday I already noticed those yellow dots looking much larger than before. Seems the tank transfer was the turning point.

The good news... I was able to go 3:30am fishing this morning and caught him without incident. Luckily I still had the old 110g filled, so I plopped him back in there. I have at least two friends that can take him, so he'll end up in a good home.

Sorry to hear that. I have never seen an aquarium stocked with so many angels, butterflies and even a MI.

Are you going to replace the meredithi with another angel? If you do, how about a scribbled?

Sorry to hear that. I have never seen an aquarium stocked with so many angels, butterflies and even a MI.

Are you going to replace the meredithi with another angel? If you do, how about a scribbled?

If I do it won't be for a while. I just want to sit back and enjoy the 240, without worrying about new additions. :)

Damn that's bad news Peter....It's good you can give him an new home
grtz

Back