can you believe what an *** this man is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruella

In Memoriam
Tonight I went to some local fish stores to take a look at their sumps. I was trying to get a better understanding on how they work and how to build mine. My last stop was a place in Albany(I will not mention names but I am sure you will figure out who I am talking about) I began explaining to him on how I bought a new tank and what I had purchased for my tank and sump. He tells me that he has no use for me since I had everything and why should he sit here and explain how things work since he will not benifit from me. He also goes on to tell me that for $ 400 he would build me a sump. He goes on to explain that everything I do is wrong, how I should use only gravel not sand, that I do not need power compacts , live rock. this man is an *******. I explained that I was scared to lose my mandarins in the move. He told me that fish come and go. I am sure you all know this arrogant *** who own D'''Y Jones. what a jerk and god he was so rude. I will never go there again. the only reason I went there was to see linda and check out some sumps. thanks for letting me vent to you all.

I feel your pain!

I should say though, that we've found it's not too productive to rag on the local fish stores on this board, however well deserved it seems.

I am not trying to mean at all. I just felt like since I was not paying him for his time or information, he treated me with no respect at all. isn't the reason people open shops and get involved worth a hobby is to help another person out. By the way I did by a few things there too. I was a paying customer. at least you could have been a little nicer to me.

when i was setting up my tank a while back I had the SAME expeience with that store and it sounded like the same conversation about not needing live rock ect..

I agree with you Cruella. This same situation happened to me when I first started getting into the hobby. Although after speaking with this "gentlemen" on many many occasions, you have to take it all with a grain of salt. You will soon realize that he really has no interest in salt water fish or reef keeping. I believe his wife is the one that was maintaining all the stock before Linda showed up. I've learned to go to the many other helpful information sources in the area and if I need something from this location, I'll just get in and get out.

On a final note, I can specifically recall one statement, "You don't want live rock for filtration.....you want bio-balls!"

LOL yeah Chuck is sorta a "Fish Nazi" Term many customers have come up with..

I know 1st hand I went through it with him when i 1st started building sumps. Same experience, Does not give out free advice only sells equipment that works so he says. " You want problem free/ no worry sumps then i will build and install one for you" Arrr was a pain in tha ***!!! Too say the least.

Best thing to do is goto the club meets and also arrange meetings and I'm sure someone will show you their sump designs and explain their reasoning for each one. ;)

"No SOUP for You!!!" Ahemmm "No SUMPS for YOU!!!" & "NO FISH for You!!"

Well you didn't get thrown out. LOL It has happened many times. Not that it would matter. After being spoken to in such away who would stay. It always amazes me how his business does as well as it does. Go figure. IDK

The oddest thing. Such a double standard:

He always asks me trade secrets on A/C & Dehumidification for his shop. We have talked Desert Air systems, condensation issues, A/C sizing and various other things.. The sucker that i am I try and help out. Now, no more. I will just give hints as he does. Nothing is for free so it seems not even good advice. Whats the world coming to?? Crazyness... Now If i do any work for him i want something in return.

One of the only reasons there is LR there is on many occassions i asked for it. Always said no they wont carry it. I just respond "Well, then I'll just take my business else where" Usually works with me! I spend enough there i guess. lol Ahhh well

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6844781#post6844781 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DanConnor
I feel your pain!

I should say though, that we've found it's not too productive to rag on the local fish stores on this board, however well deserved it seems.

I'd just like to second Dan's comment.

not for nothing but if someone at a lfs is a "richard"head i'd like to know on here,i spend wayyyyyy to much money in this hobby to get uncalled for attitude from store owners/employees. my $.02

Likewise to Scotty's comment, that is good info for me seeing as how I have never been to that lfs and was about to check it out. I am still going there anyway (just to see Linda cause she was so nice to me at healthy pets), but I will know what to expect from said "richard" owner. Cruella, I would love to show you my sumps, (one was built by upstatedave) and works great. They are rather simple to make and I would help you build one for free obviously (I basically mess around with fish stuff 24/7 anyway). My freind Matt has an amazing rubbermade container sump and he would gladly show you his cheap but effective system too.

That owner and I have no love relationship that is to be known as FACT.

I took one look at his salt setups and laughed.

His "substrate" of choice was mentionworthy as added hilarity.

ps: Hey chuck,... Hope those trace metals in that gravel don't leach from those veins in the rock...........

'tard.

ps: CARDINAL TETRAS NEED 6.9 pH WATER, NOT ALBANY TAP 7.8 and no way would any REAL TRUE ANAL-RETENTIVE FISH KEEPERS ever keep such a store with improper habitats...

Just a$$es with a$$anine customers he is too good to bend over backwards for in a 100.00 potental sale.

Hey, you are in a SERVICE BASED INDUSTRY.......... start serving and giving the customer a bit of S E R V I C E .

EDIT: PS: Linda is a godsend to DJL. I just hope Mr. Snootypants realises such, and doesn't pull a craptacular load of BS and stink up the place more.

XOXOXO LINDA !

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6849830#post6849830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xian
I'd just like to second Dan's comment.

Well as true as these comments may or may not be......I really don't know, and agree this is not the place for this LFS bashing. If you wanna discuss any bad LFS dealings.... it probably would be better served at a meeting.

The club has finally gained a little respect from the local LFS, lets not ruin it.

I just want people to understand I wasn't trying to bash anyone. I was just taking back by the way I was treated. I was hoping to find some answers to my questions and I was suprised by him. that is all. The only reason I was going there was b/c of linda. I loved talking to her about the fish. The only reason Iwould ever go back there is to see or speak to linda. I didn't mean to cause any future problems for the group or bash a store that this club works with. I was very mad and upset.

BASH AWAYYYY!!! Woooohoooo. I'll bash any store I see fit to bash on RC and they'll like it. Maybe they'll see that they are getting bashed and own up to their attitudes and the way they treat people and change what they do.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6854256#post6854256 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Freed
BASH AWAYYYY!!! Woooohoooo. I'll bash any store I see fit to bash on RC and they'll like it. Maybe they'll see that they are getting bashed and own up to their attitudes and the way they treat people and change what they do.

Freed this is a local club please keep your thoughts on this matter out of our forum! This topic has been visited many times, maybe when we start to draw up a constutuion we should put in some online rules, or post some on the top of the forum.

I agree with you Steve. Being a local club we have to watch what we say no matter how we feel. You never know what will perspire in the future.

Let's all vent about the LFS telepathically. I'll start........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back