Caught the bully, now what?

etazeta956

So my 60g reef has been up and running over a year now. I have 15 years or so in the hobby so don't consider myself new.

Here's been my recent struggle. I had a coral beauty, clownfish pair, purple firefish, mandarin goby, royal gramma, and mixed shrimp and snail, etc. My gramma mysteriously died, I didn't think much of it. Then the clownfish got ice. I removed them to QT but too late, they didn't make it. So I replaced the clownfish pair, they were dead in four days. Then the goby, dead. I was down to just the CB and the firefish. I figured since water parameters are on point, it must be the CB wreaking havoc. So I went to my LFS and got a lemon peel, a naoko fairy wrasse, and another gramma. Thinking maybe all that would calm the CB. Lemon peel and gramma dead in 3-4 days. So today, before he kills that quite expensive wrasse, I pulled the CB. Surprisingly an easy catch - I was shocked because he's insane.

So he's in a 10 gallon QT tank (I know he can't live there), and my tank has the fairy wrasse and the firefish. Where should I go from here? Do I just start adding fish and give the CB to the LFS? Or reintroduce him later and risk another wallet pounding?

Love to hear some thoughts. Staying away from tangs due to tank size. LOVE angels but geez. My 5 month old son is fascinated by the fish, not so much the coral (yet). I need some good movement for him in the tank but need things to calm.

I'm tired of fishing out dead fish. See what I did there?

Peace!

Back