Conflicting Commands

alrha

Premium Member
How does the Aquacontroller Jr handle what may seem to be conflicting commands?

Say i have the following:
If pH < 8.0 then X On
If pH > 8.5 Then X Off
If Time > 20:00 Then X On
If Time > 08:00 Then X Off
What would happen if at 21:00 pH was > 8.5, would X shut off? or turn on?
likewise if pH what <8.0 at 9:00 would X be on or off?

as a follow up, what would be the best way to set it up for it to follow a program the way it was intended (perhaps to only do one command if it is within another command such as if A & B then X. or such as if A or B then X).

First all the "If Time" commands are run. Then the others, sequentially. Last command trumps first.
So, at 21:00 X will be turned On.
Then, if during this [= after 2100] pH is > 8.5 then X would be turned Off.

2nd question - AC Jr. has such a function, it's called "If Tmr", So you have a contingent operation, but not one involving two.
Yet, this can be quite handy. For instance, if you have powerheads that you want off during night: "If Tmr LT1 off Then PH1 off"

so first it searches through all the time commands and does them, then goes back and follows all the others in order?
so if i have a pH command saying to turn the fuge light on and then a temp command saying to turn it off, the light will be off but if i switched the order the light would be on - correct?
b/c for ex i would want the light to be off if either the temp is above 81 or if the pH is above 8.4
but i would also want the light on if temp is below 80.5 or if pH is below 8.2 in which case i would accept the light on till 82.
would this work?

if temp > 81.0 then Lt off
if temp < 80.5 the Lt on
if pH > 8.4 then Lt off
if pH < 8.2 then Lt on
if temp > 82 then Lt off

this should have the light go by temp but only be over-ruled if the pH is out of bounds but still shut it if the temp climbs higher.
would this work?

Back