Cool Fish on Diver's Den

There are 2 different species of swallowtail angels being sold as masked swallowtail angels these days. Typically the more expensive Philippines ones are the "proper" Genicanthus semifasciatus. Lately in Indonesian shipments they have started labelling Genicanthus caudovittatus as masked swallowtails too.

Check carefully before you purchase.

Thanks. Appreciate the information. Building a fish list that is responsible, reasonably priced, LPS and predominantly soft coral friendly and ordinal is proving challenging :) Then trying to mix in fish that I've seen while diving in Hawaii, Japan, and around the Caribbean, well, means I'm living on this sub forum and reading :D

Looks like they have at least one Starcki Damsel available. Wish I wasn't in progress of the new tank otherwise I would pick one or more up.

Why is the Indonesian 4" Blue Tang listed on DD today $199? That's a $120-$140 markup from the same size and locale from LA.

How about the lennardi for $1500? Pacific isle aquatics has the same fish for $649. Both places are top notch as far as the quality of the fish they send goes.

How about the lennardi for $1500? Pacific isle aquatics has the same fish for $649. Both places are top notch as far as the quality of the fish they send goes.

Looks like someone liked it, since it already sold. IDK personally, but tank conditioned and the 2 week guarantee helps compared to "arrive alive only".

Looks like someone liked it, since it already sold. IDK personally, but tank conditioned and the 2 week guarantee helps compared to "arrive alive only".

The warranty is definitely nice, but PIAs fish are just as conditioned as DD Fish. Not sure the 2 weeks is worth spending close to a $1000 extra. Also have to add in tax on the live aquaria orders (for me at least, not sure if that is the case in all states), PIA doesn’t have tax unless you are in the same state.

The warranty is definitely nice, but PIAs fish are just as conditioned as DD Fish. Not sure the 2 weeks is worth spending close to a $1000 extra. Also have to add in tax on the live aquaria orders (for me at least, not sure if that is the case in all states), PIA doesn't have tax unless you are in the same state.

I personally think 1500 is crazy, heck 650 is absurd for a fish that has a dismal track record in our tanks... For 1500 one could get 10 shipped from a exporter in Australia

I have never seen or heard of these
I believe they are called common stripey
566b1080669c9824939c599c1b110776.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Caribbean Longsnout Butterflyfish

Caribbean Longsnout Butterflyfish

First thanks to Dmorty217 for the 15% off info! I used it today for my purchase of a Caribbean Longsnout Butterflyfish on Divers Den. I'd originally wanted to go with a Mexican Barberfish, but unfortunately the one they sent about a month ago was sent without a heat pack and arrived a day late dead. I'm primarily a freshwater cichlid and catfish guy, so I'm not very well versed with compatibility with butterflyfish. I'm used to other species that get along, but with what I've read about the Caribbean Longsnout, it seems there might be some issues if I wanted to add a Mexican Barberfish going forward. Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Carribean Longsnout Butterflyfish.jpg
    Carribean Longsnout Butterflyfish.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 0
Back