Coral Tank from Canada (1350gal Display Tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, simply spectacular Peter. I'm excited to see your wonder under LEDs.

I spent much of the past day catching up as business has largely kept me away for the last month. I was saddened to learn of the loss of the Idols and would love to see that crab in a bisque or beside clarified butter.

Congrats to you, Shawn and the gang! Leaving for MACNA tomorrow and looking forward to catching up with you and the rest of the Nineball followers in Des Moines...

I owe "you" a drink from last year ;)

... and I owe you a lunch ;)

Steve, I made that same mistake as well. It was Mr.Wilson's sharp eyes that pointed out to me that what you see to the right of fish #34 is its reflection in the side glass. That's why I added the warning in the contest instructions to watch out for reflections.

Peter is the sharp one, I tried billing him for that reflection :)

Steve, I made that same mistake as well. It was Mr.Wilson's sharp eyes that pointed out to me that what you see to the right of fish #34 is its reflection in the side glass. That's why I added the warning in the contest instructions to watch out for reflections.

Check out the answers on Peter's web page. We've put up a larger image of the answers. To see the full sized Answers Image go to Peter's Contest album and check out the last image in the set.

Hope that helps,

Dave.M

Thanks
I thought about a reflection but didn't see the reflection of rock/coral, problem was I had a depth perception issue and looking back can see it is a reflection. Thanks

Peter and Team,

I've lurked this thread from the beginning, and as I grow close to the venture of my own build I am compelled to finally post. What you all have created in the tank is only outdone by what you have cultivated in this community. The attention to every detail in cataloging your build and beyond is not only inspirational, but truly helpful. I have to commend you for the timely and personal responses to everyone questions and comments, it is a testament of your character. Thank you for inspiring, informing, and acknowledging us all.

-Sean

Thank you Peter for letting me be a part of your journey. Trust me it's all been(is) worth it. Your journey has not only allowed you to learn and experience so much along the way but your generosity has allowed all of "us" to come along for the ride. So thank you once again for opening up your home and allowing not only myself but everyone of "us" to be vicariously a part of this great oceanarium and your personal journey. Warts and all.

ps
I found some words.

Thank you Peter for letting me be a part of your journey. Trust me it's all been(is) worth it. Your journey has not only allowed you to learn and experience so much along the way but your generosity has allowed all of "us" to come along for the ride. So thank you once again for opening up your home and allowing not only myself but everyone of "us" to be vicariously a part of this great oceanarium and your personal journey. Warts and all.

ps
I found some words.

Nice work, I was hard pressed to count and identify them myself. Did anyone identify the Vandrebilt chromis? Our is more blue than most and it's an oddball fish in the first place.

Sorry, I should have said no-one except fla2341 guessed the Vanderbilt Chromis. I mean, who would ever expect that Vanderbilt a Chromis? I thought he did railways and stuff, not fish.

Dave.M

Hello Peter,

Peter, your tank is amazing, gorgeous, awesome, ... I can not believe that your tank is full of live so fast!!! It looks like a mature tank but you just started to put corals and fishes. I cannot imagine your tank in 3-5 years!!! And it's true, you have reproduced an underwater paradise for these animals.

And thank you so much to share your experience with the community. You and Mr. Wilson are very generous to spend so much time to document everything regarding your man-made Eco-System. (not just a tank anymore).

You website was a wonderful idea!!! Very nice, I already selected few pictures to use as background picture on my PC desktop at work!!! And your best practices FAQ, just wow!

Congratulation!
Christian from Quebec

Last edited:
After steadily raising our nutrient import with powdered coral foods from 0-150 microns (spirulina powder, plankton powder, oyster eggs, chicken egg powder, decapsulated brine shrimp eggs etc.) we eventually lost our low nutrient system balance. We tried increasing GFO use and considered dosing lanthanum chloride, but decided to cut back on nutrient import (feeding).

Hello Peter / Mr. Wilson,

Dear gentleman, could you elaborate regarding the use of lanthanum chloride? It's the first time that I'm seeing this product, so I'm interested to learn about it. Is it expensive? Is it difficult to use? Good / Bads? etc...

I'm using GFO to export Phosphate from my system but I can not to lower than 0.1-0.2 ppm even if I have reduce the feeding dramatically. And the use of GFO is quite expensive on the long run!

Thank you for sharing!!!
Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back