Coral Tank from Canada (1350gal Display Tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B - E - A - U - TIFUL!!!!!
Mr. Wilson linked this Tank Build over from CanReef, I'm still trying to catch up. I'm only at page 31, so I've still got lots of reading to do. It's one of the few things I look forward to reading each night in bed. Hahaha!

Previously we have used Tropic Marin, Redsea salt etc.. but have switched the H2Ocean instead as it dissolves quickly and so far has been very consistent. I believe the review of H2Ocean in one of the magazines show similar results. I'll try and dig up the link.

Had a great time photographing the in habitants of Peter's tank today. Here are a couple of fish.
Gary

Pseudocheilinus ocellatus
phpeudocheilinusocellatus01b.jpg

Chaetodon kleinii
phchaetodonkleinii01b.jpg

What an excellent representative portrayal of P. Ocellatus, very nice Gary !

The method in which you captured his dorsal, anal, and caudal fins is exceptional :thumbsup:

Peter. You are so lucky to get the new crew.
It's gonna be more fun for you.
Please keep us posted.

And pictures from Gary are so beautiful and vivid. Thank you for sharing.

Peter:

"A wise man, listens, and seeks counsel"

He knows his limitations and seeks to surround himself with experts in the fields of his weaknesses. Between soliciting the guidance/expertise of Shawn, Gary, Chingchai, Steve, and the active participants in this thread as a whole, you seem to do this expectionally well.

Its no wonder that, from what I gather, you were a successful businessman in your "pre-reefkeeping" life. I admire your humility and tact in assembling your reef team and wish you, and your team, the best

Wow! That is a particularly stunning image of the Mystery Wrasse! I hope you got lots of good photo tips, Peter.

Dave.M

The one with the anemone and maroon clown you'd swear that is a dive picture straight out of the ocean. Perfect randomness of species. Just like the ocean. Not segregated with anemone here, fan over there, and the hard coral away from everyone.

Awesome pics Gary. It was great having you out to see the tank for the day. You are welcome anytime, and keep the pictures coming.

Gary Parr

Gary Parr

I am speechless Gary. I have to go back and look at the tank again to make sure its the same thing. Well done and on behalf of this thread and community thank you very much. This site is all about best practices and you have certainly helped to make that point. You are the best!!!!

Peter

Wow! That is a particularly stunning image of the Mystery Wrasse! I hope you got lots of good photo tips, Peter.

Dave.M

Dave, apart from the technology there is a ton of hard won experience shooting life in an aquarium that Gary has the title world champ in my books. I have been shooting the same stuff for over a year and I have never come close to this. But that's what makes this place work so well......egos aside, this is definitely a team that's greater than the sum of its parts.

But I will keep practicing .........

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back