CS1 Skimmer

mr9iron

15& Over Club
Premium Member
Just sharing a funny experience. I maintain a tank for some friends and the skimmer on their frag tank went kaput. I email you about the CS-1, and yo promptly replied. I told my friend what you said, and to order one. I was busy with work, as were they, and I decided to order one myself to get the frag tank back in proper operation. I went to the website, and much to my dismay they were sold out. So, I ordered a different skimmer through Amazon, which arrived broken. I was pleasantly surprised when my buddies office called today and said the package from Avast Marine had arrived. Looks like they got the last one in stock. As you can see my buddy and I had poor communication this week and ended up with 1 1/2 skimmers. I am excited about building this one though.

On a side note, what pump would you suggest to run this in recirculating mode.

CS1 Skimmer

Did you check an internal sump option? its like a filter you find a some plug and play marine tanks RSM. A portion of the tank at the back is partitioned off to make a large internal filter.....

There are some ready internal sump/skimmers available like Deltec MC - 500 Internal/Sump Skimmer but I have no experience if it would work.

Another option would be to refurnish the cabinet in a one cabinet and install a external sump....

Hope this helps you in your choose ...

Back