Cully, AwiBrandy & Batt, Check in...

OzoneParkGuy

Guys/ Gals please when you have a chance just check in... I know you guys are in Far Rock off the beach. I Just hope you are ok. ~OPG

I know cully has alot of gass stored up and 2 gens.
Batt is ok he does not have the tank anymore cause the wife dumped bleach in it and then smashed it with a hammer.

I do not know about awi but I will def call her to find out.

How are you holding out Noel, I hope ok. :)

lmaooooo, well what are you going to do, at least he has his lights.

like my grandfather said big mouth big problems small mouth no problems.

spoke to awilda yesterday. she lost her tank & koi. 7' of water in basement. she's down but in good spirits. plenty of clean-up.

Im ok but its hard to find gas right now and I have to turn my tank off and on. so I can sve gas I still have my coral and fish but if I dont get gas soon It might be over for me guys and I still have no power no internet Im on at my job I have fire wood so im warm if any one need wood hit me up I have alot.... It has been a week so far and still no power no telling when it will be back on. thanks guy and OPG for looking out :wavehand:

Actually there was a thread on MR yesterday that Awi is still without power/heat and in need of help...as in someone to lend her a generator and ceramic heater. She's a really sweet person...I hope that someone can help her! :(

All is well still have no power . but I no longer have a tank my ex wife killed all my corals and broke my tank ant was there with me when this all happened so in a way im lucky I don't have a tank no more . But will be back..

All is well still have no power . but I no longer have a tank my ex wife killed all my corals and broke my tank ant was there with me when this all happened so in a way im lucky I don't have a tank no more . But will be back..

oh, dang...so sorry to hear another tank gone...:sad1: glad to know you're OK to rebuild in the near future! :thumbsup:

:wavehand:My goodness! I had no idea about this thread. Thank you all for surrounding me with your love!!
My tank was dead, it is now in recovery mode!;) Cleaned it up, dumped the ESV sand, re-scaped. First (11/25/2012)day test was Ammonia 2.0 ppm; I didn't test until yesterday (11/29/2012) test results were Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 0 at least undetectable.;):thumbsup:
Went to Aquarium Village with the intent of buying a CUC, and ended up spending half of the little cash I had stashed away on a very nice LR slab - 14lbs, 20" X 8 or 10" which I am using to bridge the two islands I made.;) Still need a couple more pieces of LR. Yes, I did manage to squeeze out a few crabs, snails, a serpent & a marvel linkia starfish.

We got hit pretty bad by Sandy, but not as bad as many others. My house sits up high so the surge only got in to our basement on up on to the porch. We had 5.5' of Ocean, sewage, gasoline, motor oil, and home heating oil in front of my house. My basement was filled to it's ceiling, all tools, 40+yrs. of Christmas decoration, lots of other personal items all gone, my 40' X 20', 6' X 20' decks were picked up, and moved slightly. Deck pillars are no longer sitting on their footings. Pool liner was destroyed (mind you the pool had already been winterized & covered. Pool body looks to be a little beat up, but hopeful that it can be straighten out.;) Have a nasty hole in one exterior wall behind one of the tree box in front of the house. We purchased a NG Hot water heater, and our plumber hooked it up so we've had hot water since Nov. 15, he also fixed the boiler so we've had heat since Nov. 18.;)
Currently we have partial power in the house as of Nov. 17, NYC Rapid Repair Assessment team were here yesterday, and said that they will take care of the remaining electrical work, as well as getting us a new Furnace!YIPPY

We stayed simply because we had no where to go!! We have 3 pitbulls, & 3 cats, and everyone that called us to come stay with them made it clear that the invite was just for us without the animals. I told my daughter that I would bring their kennels, and she still said no, my parents said to stay in their lobby if we brought the animals. (Their lobby flooded).... So we stayed! Hubby, one of my sons, and I actually stood on our porch, and watched the surge roll in. Scary, but an awesome site at the same time. When the waters covered my 5' shrubs, and came up on the porch it got a bit scary.
I hung on to my Lord & Saviour, and His promise to always take care of me. I knew we would be OK!:thumbsup:
We were quite cold for a week or two, until 2 ANGELS showed up with a Generator, 15 gallons of gasoline, 2 extension cords, a ceramic heater, and a box of Popeye's Fried Chicken, Biscuits, and a gallon of Sweet Tea!
My Angels - Richie RKaragozler & Tom tomtoothdoc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXO

Looking forward to seeing you guys this Saturday!!!!

Last edited:
Back