Cully's SCA 120 build

Yes John, I've run that config for 5 years or so on my tanks. It doesn't allow me to run the vortechs wide open as it makes certain corals look like the long hair of a biker. Takes some tuning to get nice varied flow on torches and other euphyllia. That said, you can literally see the detritus getting sucked up the back glass and blown out into suspension. No dead spots. No unsightly powerheads on the side glass etc.

Pimp! Long time man!
Ten-Fidy was delish! Love the motor oil on a cold winter night!

Been out of the hobby for awhile. Getting ready for a return though!

I have a couple of them that I just haven't gotten around to opening.

Drink one, age the other. If I get my hands on some that's how I handle it. One for the tummy, one for the beer shelf.

Glad to see you're getting back at it!

My reluctance to join any social media like Facebook, instagram, linked in, or whatever has left me feeling like I'm out of the loop. URS is just a shadow of how much traffic it used to get. Not sure who's still around or just on other forms of media.

I just can't get into the flow of R 2 R for some reason. It's a nice site. See a few nefarious former members still active on there but I don't really post much. But most of the people I've met on here Seem to pop back in from time to time.

Do a build thread when you get around to it!

Like to see the new tanks with the synergy hookups. Glad Steve finally got around to drilling for those. I wish I had pushed more after giving him all the measurements and such when I ordered mine a year ago but I was a bit impatient and he made me a HELL of a deal on my 150 with wood stand. He had to have lost serious money on it....

I also feel you about the shoulder. I had 10 anchors and a bunch of other stuff inserted and reattached in my shoulder the end of August. The next month after surgery sucks (depending on what all they had to do). It now Jan and I am finally feeling back to semi normal. Probably 80% range of motion and the strength is coming back. Keep at it and DO THE PT....

excited to watch the growth of this one...

I waited probably 10-12 weeks for this tank. Steve does a great job. Computer mock ups and all.

As for the shoulder, my surgery was to basically prevent what you had. Preemptive strike!

yeah my surgery was a long time coming. I should have had it 3 years ago but they said so long as it stayed stable no need to go under the knife. Then one day it was NOT stable and hanging. Doc was shocked after the MRI that I had not had pain or lost it before as it was totally destroyed.

Such is life. Hopefully you are pain free if it was basic touch up procedure.

Classic case of Ring Rust.

Did a water change today. Forgot to close one of the ball valves that run from the tank to the house plumbing. As I pumped the new SW into the tank, about 1/2, 20 gallons or so....right down the drain :rolleyes:

yeah, that's one of my fears with the new setup we are doing. Out think myself and something goes haywire.

Not haywire, user error. It's something I've done 100 times, but I haven't done it in 6 months. Slipped by me. And yes...I was in a rush.

I like automation, but I shy away from too much. Take your finger off the pulse and you loose touch IMO.

I used to use Reef crest, but I switched to random. Just liked it better. Currently running on low power. Ecotechmarine recommends less than 1/2 power for 2 weeks on new wet sides. Running new QD wets soooo...

Reefcrest and gyre mode with MP-40's for me...I have a cheapo Jaebo pump going across the back that's pulsing to produce a bit of a wave...it's on all the time, so on gyre mode things rip for 10 min then quiet to the soft standing wave, detritus doesn't have a chance. My rockscape is in the middle of the tank.

Jaebo was against my better judgement, but it moves more water than th MP-40, quieter too, we'll see about long term survival....you can but 5 of these for the price of a MP-40 though.

On the way home from ARC with my new Picasso clowns. Rand O was very accommodating and patient.

Sorry for the cruddy pics!
They should gain more black color as they grow, but I'm really pleased with the color morphs and combos of orange/white/black.

Dude that really sucks! First thing I did on my rimless was a screen top from BRS. Was your canopy open?

Back