Daisy chain rodi filters

Oiler3535

I bought a new RO Buddie after thinking my old one had broken. Turns out i was just stupid (or my kid played with it) and the hoses were moved around. Works fine. Now i have 2. Not a big deal, but I'm curious:

Can I daisy chain the sediment, carbon, and DI cartridges? I realize the pressure requirements mean i cant do 2 RO cartridges, so i just have a backup of that now. But I'm thinking theres no reason I cant daisy chain the others. Curious though.

You run the sed filters in parallel first. The rest in line and you can have 2 membranes. I added a BRS water saver upgrade to mine.
water-saver-final.jpg

2 membranes do not work well if you have high incoming TDS or low line pressure.

can double the product water output of a standard 75 or 100 GPD membrane without increasing the wastewater output. Installing them is pretty simple but it can get confusing quickly if you are not familiar with typical RO/DI plumbing. Take a picture of your RO/DI system before installing your water saver kit for reference just in case.

The Water Saver essentially takes the wastewater from the first membrane and refines it through a second membrane, getting the maximum amount of product water out of every drop. Since the second membrane is fed from the first, there is a slight pressure drop which could cause a decrease in performance and rejection. To combat the decrease in pressure, a booster pump kit along with a pressure gauge is a good idea so you can keep your pressure around 65 PSI for optimal production.

You run the sed filters in parallel first. The rest in line and you can have 2 membranes. I added a BRS water saver upgrade to mine.
water-saver-final.jpg

2 membranes do not work well if you have high incoming TDS or low line pressure.

can double the product water output of a standard 75 or 100 GPD membrane without increasing the wastewater output. Installing them is pretty simple but it can get confusing quickly if you are not familiar with typical RO/DI plumbing. Take a picture of your RO/DI system before installing your water saver kit for reference just in case.

The Water Saver essentially takes the wastewater from the first membrane and refines it through a second membrane, getting the maximum amount of product water out of every drop. Since the second membrane is fed from the first, there is a slight pressure drop which could cause a decrease in performance and rejection. To combat the decrease in pressure, a booster pump kit along with a pressure gauge is a good idea so you can keep your pressure around 65 PSI for optimal production.
Thanks. I have low pressure so the 2 membranes wont work. But my tap is already pretty low TDS so im not too concerned. Are you saying i should only do 2 sed filters or could i run 2 sed, 2 carbon, and 2 DI resin?

Thanks. I have low pressure so the 2 membranes wont work. But my tap is already pretty low TDS so im not too concerned. Are you saying i should only do 2 sed filters or could i run 2 sed, 2 carbon, and 2 DI resin?
Run daisy chain as you call it allows the first sed filter to plug while the second does nothing. If you plumb them in parallel, y the incoming water to both and the y them back together after you double the capacity.

I ran 2 membranes at 55 psi line pressure for a few years and it worked fine but I added a booster pump last year to increase the output and it did.

Run daisy chain as you call it allows the first sed filter to plug while the second does nothing. If you plumb them in parallel, y the incoming water to both and the y them back together after you double the capacity.

I ran 2 membranes at 55 psi line pressure for a few years and it worked fine but I added a booster pump last year to increase the output and it did.
I totally missed the word parallel for the sed filters. Easy to do. But how about for carbon and DI? They fine in series?

Here's how my RO is set up, (not running a dual) but to give you an idea.

1. sediment filter
2. 5 micron carbon
3. 1 micron ChloraGuard
4. Booster Pump
5. 75 gpd RO
6. Cation DI
7. Anion DI
8. Mixed Bed DI

Back