dart frogs

Thanks John.

The plant in the foreground is baby tears. When I moved back to TN in January of last year it all died except for exactly 2 stands. I threw them in the tank and it took off.

Got my 3 Leucs from lllreptile today. They arrived in good shape but a couple of them aren't moving around a whole lot. I have seen them eat though. One of them has made himself right at home though.

Yes, 5 total. I am going to try a group of 5 for now and see if I can get a pair or two out of it.

I got the 3 other frogs from LLLReptile last Friday. One of them acted like the others I had right off the bat and was all over the tank. Another one started slowly acting normally over a few days. The third one just sits around in the same spot. He does eat and moves around some but he doesn't venture more than a few steps from his spot. He is smaller than the other ones. Is is just because he is having trouble adjusting or could there be something wrong with him? It doesn't look like he is having trouble moving when he does.

The smaller frog is doing better lately and getting more active. The frogs are doing great and the plants are starting to grow.

I found something interesting in the water portion today. I noticed something move and when I looked closer I saw what appears to be a FW copepod. I got to looking closer and there are several in there. The only question is, where did they come from? The only thing I can think of is that I was catching some springtails around my pond a few weeks ago. They would jump in the water and I would suck them up with a turkey baster. I poured most of the water out but there was a little in the cup that I poured into the viv with the springtails. Apparently some made it from the pond into the water.

Hey Pete , my froglets I got from u are doing great!!! The little one just started eating on fruitf flies... I love them, wish they would stay tiny forever!

John that is great to hear! I was nervous about the smallest one as he had climbed out of the water maybe 12 hours before you got him. They are pretty awesome when they are that small.

I raised 2 frogs from eggs last year and it is so cool to watch them morph. My daughter was doing the frog morph thing in school about the same time so it was extra cool. Glad to see everyones frogs doing good!

Hey guys, how is everyone's frogs doing?

I bought a proven trio of leucomelas from Ivas on Dendroboard. He lives in Cookeville and I picked them up a couple of weeks ago. They have been gradually getting used to me an today I saw the female rubbing the backs of both males. I watched for a while and then left them alone for a while. I went to check on them about an hour later and one male was up on a piece of wood by himself and the female and other male were under it. After a few minutes the male made his way to the coconut hut with the female rubbing his back the whole way. I assume this means they are going to lay eggs soon.

I also won an auction from Josh's Frogs on facebook for 4 Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus. They should be here on Tuesday. Does anyone have any experience with these thumbnails?

Michael

Hi guys,

With all your talking and some nice pictures, I am getting very curious about poison dart frogs. Will you direct me to a site or two that may explain how to set up and maintain their habitats. I used to catch common leopard frog eggs and grew them into tiny froglets when I was young. I remember that it was a lot of fun. I would like to set up a paudarium using some ofl my aquatic plants in my planted 75 gallon tank if that's feasible. Any information geared toward a dart frog newbie will be greatly appreciated.

I have gotten a lot of my info from www.dendroboard.com. I have raised local frog eggs as well and it is really cool to watch the tadpole tranform into a frog. You can use several "aquatic" plants. I have java moss and an anubius nana in mine.

Hi guys,

With all your talking and some nice pictures, I am getting very curious about poison dart frogs. Will you direct me to a site or two that may explain how to set up and maintain their habitats. I used to catch common leopard frog eggs and grew them into tiny froglets when I was young. I remember that it was a lot of fun. I would like to set up a paudarium using some ofl my aquatic plants in my planted 75 gallon tank if that's feasible. Any information geared toward a dart frog newbie will be greatly appreciated.

Mike put up about the best frog forum you can learn from. That's where 99% of my knowledge came from. It's a good site with very knowledgeable people.

There is a reptile show(frogs included) in Birmingham the 21st of this month. It's called the Dixie Reptile Show and they have one every month here. I plan on going to it and the Repticon Show in Atlanta the weekend after. The weekend after that..... Atlanta Botanical Gardens is opening up their Orchid exhibit which is the weekend of Feb. 4th I believe. I plan on buying several miniature orchids and other plants for my frog tanks and I've gotta go check out the ATL Aquarium too;)

Let me know if you decide to go to any of those shows and my wife and I will try to meet up with you and say hello.

Thank you, guys. I will start studying about the frogs.

Here is my motivation for my next build(reason for all my WTB threads on RC's South East forums)

Mine will be similar but different:spin2: Bigger tank and more water. I plan on putting some Crystal Red Shrimp in the water based areas.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G7ptkOqQI1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have a bunch of darts most of which I'm trying to sell. Im getting rid of 95% of my collection if anyones interested. =) good prices

Back