Deep Down Florida 600 Gallon In-Wall Build

So today I had the opportunity to start working on my sump. Matt was kind enough to come over today and help me work on it. We didn't complete it but we did make good progress.

I was wondering where you were going to put that gigantic sump...
I see now you are using it to make a custom size ?
I'm sure the two of you will create an awesome sump :)

Looks good you should state so they all know that the chamber second from the left in the last drawing is the top off ....both sides will flow into the center .....

Deep Down Florida 600 Gallon In-Wall Build

As Matt mentioned, the far left will have its own separate slow flow for holding chaeto.
The far right is the water entrance and the chamber for the skimmer.
The center is the return chamber.

Actually there will be two areas where filter floss will go. Both in the middle chamber. One from the left and one from the right.
I didn't put the pieces on the drawing.

So the flow on the left will be a slow flow for my chaeto to do its job and flow to the center. In the far right are the main drains and that will flow to the center.
In the center I will build a little shelf to hold the filter floss ( not pictured).
See the drawing.

Okay so both sides will have floss. Nice design. So how are u plumbing over flows from tank ? What pumps or pump are u planning on running ?

wow, this tank is going to be awesome...you guys are doing nice work, can't wait to see the finished result! Keep the pictures coming!

So I decided to go ahead and purchase all new acrylic for my sump. I'm going to build it as a brand-new tank since everything else I am building will be new.
I'm excited because this is my first time building a new tank this way. Sometimes you have to do a little extra work up front so you don't have to do more work later on.

So I decided to go ahead and purchase all new acrylic for my sump. I'm going to build it as a brand-new tank since everything else I am building will be new.
I'm excited because this is my first time building a new tank this way. Sometimes you have to do a little extra work up front so you don't have to do more work later on.

Cant wait for my new fish ....picking him out on LA as we speak lol :beer:...good luck on the trip shoot me a text when you are back with the plans .....

Back