Deep Down Florida 600 Gallon In-Wall Build

I started preparing the acrylic for the sump today. Since I am working little by little by myself in my garage, I had to create braces to hold the acrylic sheets.
What I am doing here is preparing the edges so they're perfectly smooth and no saw marks. Once I'm done I will start the bonding process.

Ok so I have been busy working on my sump. I have work on a handful of small acrylic projects but I have not tried anything like this before.
It took me a while working on it here and there but it is now finished.

Thank you Mat for your advice before the build.

The acrylic pieces where cut at the supplier so I begin with putting the pieces together.

And finally the finished product. :celeb2:
Look closely and you will see the edges flame polished. :beer:

That looks great! but does it hold water? lol

Also, why do you have that L shaped lip on two baffles? wont the water falling off of them make a lot of noise?

That looks great! but does it hold water? lol

Also, why do you have that L shaped lip on two baffles? wont the water falling off of them make a lot of noise?

I asked him about that also lol ....IMO No real structural need for them or filtration benefits either just personal preference of how water flows over ....should be fine ....the one on the higher left may have some noise to it as the water level seems like it will be quite a bit lower even after flowing through a floss filter tray not yet seen in the pics.....that would be the only one that I would think would give any noise.....and its in the garage so that shouldn't be too much of an issue I would think...looks good buddy ...

Thank you and I will be testing whether or not it holds water fine tonight. The seams are really clean so I'm not expecting to have any issues.
As far as the lip is concerned, I didn't put it there for structural reasons rather I put it there so I can tuck filter floss underneath it. This is how I have my current set up and it's been working well for me.
When I create the tray for the filter floss and place it underneath you'll get a better idea as to why I did it.
As far as the noise is concerned, Matt is correct, the sump is located in the garage and will not be an issue at all.

Back