Deltec based DIY skimmer

Just an update. This is what the foam production looked like after 20hrs, had to shut it down to move it into my sump though. I'll keep everyone updated.

Picture_074.sized.jpg

Picture_075.sized.jpg

Clinton

So the venturi fittings are on the suction side of the pump? Is this how ER skimmers are plumbed? seems odd, but I guess I never thought about it.
Nice DIY Clinton.
PS, you have a booger:D

H20ENG said:
So the venturi fittings are on the suction side of the pump? Is this how ER skimmers are plumbed? seems odd, but I guess I never thought about it.
Nice DIY Clinton.
PS, you have a booger:D

Looks like the venturi is on the suction side to me.
CS6-1.jpg

Where's the booger.:D

Clinton

Finally got it into my sump yesterday morning, this is a pic after 36 hours of use. It's getting better as it's left alone to do it's job.:) (no hands in tank ect..) It's producing a lot of solids as it is, no comments on the lid. Haven't had time to make on yet.;)

Picture_089.sized.jpg

Clinton

That thing looks nice. Well done. I will put that on my mental list of skimmer to build when I get to that.

Just a final update on how it works. This is after 1 week of running 24/7 on my 15gal nano, with a 15gal sump.

This is just after i shut it off to clean it.
Picture_126.sized.jpg

It pulled out 1 cup of the worst smelling stuff.
Picture_125.sized.jpg

Picture_131.sized.jpg

And the one fish tank i's skimming.
Picture_104.sized.jpg

Clinton

That is a great skimmer Clinton. I will be getting a 180 gal system, looks like I will have to get some Mags and try to duplicate your skimmer.

Thanks guys. Yeah i think it's the best working skimmer i've had to date other than the Beckett, but you can't even hear this one running.:thumbsup: Looks like it pulled out just about the same as your setup Lunchbucket, so i know it's working good.

Clinton

yeah seems pretty close...mine pulled out a LOT right away but i only had a super reef devil POS on there before the Euro-Reef

Lunchbucket

ok, maybe it is just late but WHY did you need that silicone cone fitting in your inlet to your maxijet???

Lunchbucket

Lunchbucket said:
ok, maybe it is just late but WHY did you need that silicone cone fitting in your inlet to your maxijet???

Lunchbucket

For the venturi effect, i don't knoe if it would draw air in without the venturi in place. It's the only cheap and easy way i could figure it out. This is what i was trying to creat.

patentinjected.jpg

Clinton

Lunchbucket said:
yeah seems pretty close...mine pulled out a LOT right away but i only had a super reef devil POS on there before the Euro-Reef

Lunchbucket

This is a 2 week old tank, built from stuff from my 30gal.;)

Clinton

ok, got you...had a brain fart and forgot about that....it would prolly pull MORE air in being a small area...more flow...but i think it would work w/out it...maybe try it.

Lunchbucket

Back