Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite - Ended Up Going Apex

If it's not being affected by some outside force (ato dumping there, bubbles, etc), or the connector on the jr. is dodgy with corrosion, then I have to assume something is wrong with the temp circuit in the jr. which is above my pay grade. Did you happen to aquire a PM1 or PM2 module? They both have a temp input that could be tried.

If it's not being affected by some outside force (ato dumping there, bubbles, etc), or the connector on the jr. is dodgy with corrosion, then I have to assume something is wrong with the temp circuit in the jr. which is above my pay grade. Did you happen to aquire a PM1 or PM2 module? They both have a temp input that could be tried.
I do have a PM1, but haven’t hooked it up yet because I have nowhere to put the pH probe. Maybe that’s something to figure out this weekend.

Anyone have any experience with the Apex PM2 Salinity monitor? Very mixed reviews on BRS’ website.

For me there are too many things to go wrong there.
A good old hydrometer is best.

Agreed Only way to do it and be accurate are the floating ones. I have that same one, just buy a beaker and float. I gave up on refractometers. All the calibration solutions are so far off from each other.

Salinity probes just are not accurate the way they are. I know Coralvue has been working on a way to make them more accurate for the Hydros using a isolated vessel. Carlos was showing it off at Macna.

Agreed Only way to do it and be accurate are the floating ones. I have that same one, just buy a beaker and float. I gave up on refractometers. All the calibration solutions are so far off from each other.
I agree about the accuracy of hydrometers. I think calibration solutions for refractometers is just another money grab and using them for that purpose gets preached a little too much. RODI water is all you need to calibrate a refractometer if it's a quality instrument and all I have ever done.

@kharmaguru say I wanted to add a couple maxijets to the tank and have the apex run then 10 mins off, 10 mins on, and off completely at lights out. How would I program that in Fusion?

@kharmaguru say I wanted to add a couple maxijets to the tank and have the apex run then 10 mins off, 10 mins on, and off completely at lights out. How would I program that in Fusion?

OSC 000:00/010:00/010:00 Then ON
If Time 22:00 to 10:00 Then OFF

That should work. OSC makes it cycle at 10mins, If Time keeps it off from 10pm to 10am. Change the If Time to what works for you, military format obviously. After clicking the gear icon of the outlet you want to control, choose advanced under control type, and copy/paste the code into the configuration window on the right. Upload to apex and Bob should be your uncle.

That should work. OSC makes it cycle at 10mins, If Time keeps it off from 10pm to 10am. Change the If Time to what works for you, military format obviously. After clicking the gear icon of the outlet you want to control, choose advanced under control type, and copy/paste the code into the configuration window on the right. Upload to apex and Bob should be your uncle.
Thank you sir. I was reading about it yesterday and I’m not very technical, so I was getting more confused. I figured you’d be able to dumb it down for me😉

Okay, so at 9:40 AM, this should not be running, right? It is though, did I configure it incorrectly?

Attachments

• 516294F7-E75E-4B8A-A501-448319E0DF51.png
    516294F7-E75E-4B8A-A501-448319E0DF51.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Griss, I saw that post.
I'm now of the opinion that my pump keeps the temp above the shut off point of the heater.
I increased the flow & the temps went up some.
I'm thinking of swapping pipes for the return on the Bean drain.
If I use a 1" return there should be less friction, therefore less heat.
Minimal or no water flows into the secondary so 3/4" will work & the emergency is still there.

Okay, so at 9:40 AM, this should not be running, right? It is though, did I configure it incorrectly?
Looks right. Was it after 8am when you uploaded it or has it already gone around once? Could also be my program suggestion is wrong.

Looks right. Was it after 8am when you uploaded it or has it already gone around once? Could also be my program suggestion is wrong.
Well, it’s been programmed/uploaded since I asked you about the code. I think I’ve got an outlet on the EB 8 that is stuck in ON mode. I programmed a different outlet and plugged in there and it’s working correctly.

Well, it’s been programmed/uploaded since I asked you about the code. I think I’ve got an outlet on the EB 8 that is stuck in ON mode. I programmed a different outlet and plugged in there and it’s working correctly.
Double check the slider for the outlet in fusion is set to auto. If it's set to off or on it will ignore the programming.

slider.png

@kharmaguru sorry, but I need your help again. Apparently at some point in the last 24 hrs the Apex has disconnected from Fusion. For the last hour, I’ve been browsing the internet trying to figure this out and I’m at a loss. Here’s a pic of fusion on my phone. On the aspect display, it says: ApexFusion: No Comm - but selecting that does nothing.

Attachments

• AE9E9FFE-504E-4473-8FA5-AEF384B3A42D.png
    AE9E9FFE-504E-4473-8FA5-AEF384B3A42D.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 6
Nevermind. Apparently you have to unplug both the Apex AND EB8 to reset the unit. Unplugging just the Apex didn’t work.

Nevermind. Apparently you have to unplug both the Apex AND EB8 to reset the unit. Unplugging just the Apex didn’t work.
Sorry dude, I've been out honey-doing in the yard all day. Glad you got it sorted.

Back