divers DEN Carpet on the way

IMG_6393.jpg

the clowns are hosting both the frogspawn and the carpet and they are going back an fourth will be interesting to see where they sleep

GSMguy: Awesome progress in just a few days! Looks really good. You have a nice tank too. Lots of good stuff in there man!

GSMguy-
your new haddoni is looking good. getting a good haddoni seems to be "luck of the draw". my first one I tried didn't make it, but now I have a green one that seems to be doing well. from now on, I am only going to buy one if my LFS has had it for a few weeks in their tank. I didn't put it directly under the 250w DE 10K like I did the first one, slowed the water flow down some, and gave it a spot to dig in its foot into the DSB without the water flow making the anemone's body move back and forth and thus not dislodging it in the sand bed. it took it a good 24 hours to get its foot dug down into the substrate. after that, it seemed really "happy".

DR DNA i planted it in the sand and it came loose and attached to the glass i will try and get it to come loose tommorow and re bury it

55 Semi the tank started just before thanksgiving but i used all my old rock and water from my old 29g

I guess you could try and get it loose from the glass. If it were mine, I'd probably just leave it alone and let it attach wherever it wants. I saw one in a show tank that was attached to the glass at "sand level" and it seemed to be doing fine, other than being a little unsightly.
But, I am hardly a carpet expert, I am really new at them!

forgot to mention... one of the tricks that was suggested to me that seemed to work was to take some pieces of rock and "corral" it into a spot on the sandbed where the water flow doesn't blow it away from that spot. I tried it with my new one and it attached one side of its foot to a rock and then proceeded to use that as "leverage" to bury the rest of its foot and column into the sand over a 24hr period. I set the rocks on top of the sand and it kind of dug itself into the sand at an angle under the rock.
good luck, carpets are pretty neat!

PS - mine did eat a 2-3" blue tang yesterday though, that was $30 dinner for it....

lol i only care about my clowns and they dont seem to mind it i have a lawnmower blenny i am hopeing and praying gets eaten

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9276960#post9276960 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
....i will try and get it to come loose tommorow and re bury it
I would just leave it alone for n ow. After several weeks, you may want to try it but not now. If he start to roll around, at least you know that it was not you that started it.

thanks OrionN it started to come loose last night so if it does i will move it if not i will leave it

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9276702#post9276702 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DrDNA
GSMguy-
your new haddoni is looking good. getting a good haddoni seems to be "luck of the draw". my first one I tried didn't make it, but now I have a green one that seems to be doing well. from now on, I am only going to buy one if my LFS has had it for a few weeks in their tank.

I agree with this. I had one did not make it that I picked up from a LFS within a few days of them receiving it. Its mouth was just slightly open but otherwise looked good. I since have had good luck with two H. magnificas so I will not be trying any more carpets. I would suggest like DrDNA said that make sure it has acclimated well to the LFS and that the mouth is very tightly closed.

Back