Do you Scuba?

Air - who is going so far? I have to go ahead from the wife. Do you have space for two people (my daughter and me)? Also note that my daughter (12 years old) is still working on her bouyancy, so I tend to be her buddy. Normally I don't like 3 buddy teams unless the third person is an experience diver.

Also - not that if we leave a 7AM, we'll arrive there around 10:30ish. The breakwater parking lot is still crowded with students, so parking is going to be a pain. The best bet is to either 1) get there real early (around 7AM) or 2) get there after 12PM. If you get there at 12PM, you won't be home until late though. Just some food for thoughts.

Just an FYI: after my two check out dives at Breakwater, I was exhausted. Don't forget that lugging all your equipment up and down the stairs, surface swimming out, and doing a shore exit can be very exhaustive for a beginner. The most dive I have done at breakwater has been 4 dives, but most of the time, I can only get in 2 or 3 dives.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10464493#post10464493 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by airinhere

Pbetito and MrMikeB are going to be in Monterey already and I will be driving down there on Sunday @ 9am (noon arrival) to meet up with them and dive for the rest of the afternoon.

It is me and Villarte so far this Sunday. There is plenty of room for you and your daughter. We are both new divers also, so we will be working on our bouyancy as well.

There might be two brothers from my training class as well if I can get ahold of them.

Since you have been there before, do you recommend going early or showing up at noon?

Heading out early is entirely possible,
but I see this being easier if we go later.

Leave at 4 am vs leave at 9 am.
On a Sunday morning

Either time is fine with me. I will PM you my phone number. If you can do the same, that would be great.

Minh

The thing that excites me the most about diving with Mike is that for once he can't talk :D !!!! This is going to be awesome.

:lol: My wife wants to get one of those full face mask with underwater radios. No thank you! I enjoy my peace and quiet underwater. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10474755#post10474755 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pbetito
The thing that excites me the most about diving with Mike is that for once he can't talk :D !!!! This is going to be awesome.

Aaron, Mike and Paul - Did you guys end up going diving this weekend/Monday?

Mike and Paul - how were your check out dives?

Ahhh yes. We are now certifiable. Paul and I stuck around an extra day (just got back). Wow, what fun! We logged 7 dives in 3 days in Monterey. Visibility was stellar given what we expected... lots and lots of nifty stuff down there. We ended up doing beach dives with some hefty swimming to get deep enough, but well worth it. Jellies, rock cods, tons of stars, chitons, luscious fields of nori, sea cucumbers, some of the most beautiful anemones (bright reds and greens, and at least 18" wide when opened in some case), sand dollars... I could go on and on!

And lots of inverts! Holy $h#$ there was so much to look at and interact with... and they were not the least bit shy. Paul and I played football with a sea cucumber at 40 ft., Frisbee with the stars, and hide and seek with the jellies (ok it was more like scream and run like little girls with the jellies). Played with the crabs a bit for kicks. Those decorator crabs are massive down there (like 12" across) and were loads of fun! I gave one a ride for a bit until he got bored and decided he rather find some anemone to attach to his back and hopped off my BC. I am so getting a case for my Canon 5D to take pics to share... what an experience.

(note: no harm befell any sea creature during the course of these underwater sporting events)

Back