Dotcom livestock good/bad

shavoris

How do you all feel about purchasing livestock and corals online? Also who's the premiere outfit when looking to buy! Who should I stay away from?

Liveaquaria and their Diver's Den section is hands down is the best.

Also good are BlueZoo Aquatics and Pacific Island Aquatics.

Divers Den from Live Aquaria is my gold standard. You pay a premium but the livestock have already been quarantined and medicated if necessary. I also always get healthy livestock from Live Aquaria. It comes from a different facility and they don't get the treatment the stock from Divers Den does, but I always get healthy fish and corals.

Liveaquaria is absolutely the best, as said above. Just received a shipment this morning, everything is fantastic.

+1 to what people have said above.
I have ordered from both liveaquaria (not divers den) and vividaquariums online and have had nothing but great results from both of them. Very healthy fish and corals in both instances.

Hard to beat Jason Fox for those very special chalices as well. Bank roll permitting anyway : ) Some seriously awesome stuff. I like Woo's Aquatics and Austin Aqua Farms too. They were great to deal with.

doesnt matter who u go threw unless u want big stuff the best bet is to pick it up at the hub and not let the corals sit in a truck for 8hrs

i was waiting for a reefs2reefs reconmendation .i ordered tangs from them had ich my pb had half his upper jaw missing and was only fish in bag.stay away from them.lq is the place to go but like i said request to hold ur shipment at there hub less time to get more ammoia in the bags

i agree with ur u but onlne venders are 20-30 cheaper but its a crap shoot if good or bad

i'm a firm believer in paying a little more to get what you really want. if you order something online and it isn't what you expected it costs way more than the difference if you bought it from a LFS.

Like the above said I have had great experience with divers den and vivid aquariums, fish and corals were in great shape on arrival.

yeas ago I shopped at saltwatrfish.com and had really good experiences with them
the last few years have only been L.A
I only shop online as the closed good LFS is 4.5hrd one way.

just thought I would chime in about SWfish.com for ya... I bet they get there stock from the same wholesalers as L.A but not positive about that.

My online browsing is usually split between NY Aquatics, Pacific Island Aquatics, LA/Diver's Den, and Blue Zoo Aquatics. All reputable vendors.

Most of my corals are purchased at swaps, although I have ordered from cherry corals and was pleased with the service.

Have you heard of saltwaterfish.com? I see they offer free shipping of purchases over $99

Like mentioned above LA and DD are the premier online resources. It boils down to if you are getting healthy, eating livestock. Saltwaterfish is a good source too, I used them a yr ago with great success. Reefanimals is where I got my eating and already prazipro Quoyi parrotfish who I would also recommend

Had great success with all the above. Live Aquaria is a bit nicer as it gives general sizes for the purchase. Great fish from SWF.com but the inverts I've received were so tiny. Corals can be difficult as you don't get the coloration you want unless you go through divers den. From a health perspective the online orders were generally better than my LFS purchases. (I avoid purchasing in winter and hot summer)

Back