Dotcom livestock good/bad

I've been really happy with unique corals . Com
They called me after my order to setup shipping and I wound up talking to Paul for like a half hour. Very nice stuff. I had almost two weeks of snow and they kept my items until they could ship without issue.

I just made my first buy through vividaquariums. I was really happy with them. Great quality, they take time to monitor your order before shipping. So if you order today, they wont ship for a few to make sure things look healthy. I also called in after placing my order as we had a last minute snow storm here in upstate NY pop up, they held it for a few days by my request. I know a few places wont hold. Other than that LA/DD always has good quality and REALLY good cust care. Something dies they get you credit, most stores in my area wont refund deaths.

I ordered my initial stock from LA. Everyone was healthy and in great condition! I recently ordered a small (smallest I have ever seen) bristletooth two spot tang from DD. Hes awesome! Looks great, plump and eats everything. I have two LFS that I shop at and twice fish from local have caused problems. I guess it all depends on what you have available to you and what you are willing to spend for fish you want. I highly recommend LA and DD. I have ordered inverts from other places but trust these two for fish.

Liveaquaria.com is a pretty good site. They usually have a nice selection and decent prices. To compensate for shipping, it's best to order several things at once.

Just bought some fish from Coral Imports: https://www.coralimports.com/

Mainly bought since they had a great price on Lineatus Wrasses.

Bought:
Large Lineatus Wrasse, Large Common Cleaner Wrasse and four female Lyretail Anthias.

Came packaged very well, all fish seemed healthy, even Cleaner is eating Mysis/brine and nori. They're in second day of TTM quarantine now.

I've personally bought only from Pacific Island Aquatics, and Live Aquaria DD so far. I have a fish on order through Salty Aquaria and when they get it in that would be my 3rd different supplier that I've used.

The #1 most important thing to do when ordering fish online is EDUCATE YOURSELF!

What I mean by that is you need to learn these things about the company you are planning on purchasing your livestock from:
  • Reputation: Do a quick search on RC and Google and see what their customers have to say. All of the companies I have done business with have Fantastic reviews, and you can even find unboxing videos on youtube to see how they pack their livestock.
  • Guarantee: Check to see if it is Arrive Alive, 7 Day, or 14 day, nearly 99% of companies will offer 1 of the 3 above. Live Aquaria DD is the best IMO because it gives you 14 day on even hard to care for fish like Achilles Tangs, but make sure you read the companies policy and then look for any disclaimers on the WYSIWYG page of the fish you are looking at. For example, Pacific Island Aquatics usually does a 7 day Guarantee on their fish, but Achilles Tang's are arrive alive only.
  • Prepared: The last thing that is very important is you need to be prepared for the fish that you are getting, once they are shipped you should already know exactly how you are going to QT them and have everything ready to go, you want to make it as least stressful as possible.

HTH

I use online as my nearest lfs is at least an hour and a half away.
For me, the best I have found is Live Aquaria's Divers Den second place goes to Vivid Aquarium for fish.
There are some great places on line for coral but imo, it is like anything-there are certain coral better than others at the same place.
I really got frustrated with saltwaterfish.com and haven't used them again since a doa dwarf angel. They said they would credit but they didn't and I just gave up! :(

I recently purchased from frag junky and I was very happy as far as I can tell everything is wysiwyg on their site and look as good in person as online

Back