Drop in replacement for Skimz QPS 2.0 skimmer pump

dulgee

My pump just dies on my Skimz NS143QP. The pump is the quietpro QPS2.0. Is there a drop-in replacement available? Jebao or other generic brand? Was looking at the Jebao DCS-3000

Keep in mind you need a skimmer pump with a needle wheel impellor.
I run Jebao DCS return pumps but they are not what you are looking for.

To find a replacement you need a pump with the same volume, head, inlet and outlet sizes.

The inlet and outlets aren't listed for the skimz pump.
Max Flow: 2,000L/h
Max Head: 2.8m

Perhaps this one
Coral Box DC skimmer Pump
DCA 2000

The original pump has these dimensions and specs according to BRS:

Dimensions - 5.15" L x 2.4" W x 4.33" H

Max Flow - 528 GPH

Max Head - 9 Feet

Speed Variable - 5% - 100%

Input Fitting - 25mm BSPP

Output Fitting - 25mm BSPP

QuietPRO 2.0 DC Controllable Water Pump (528 GPH) - Skimz (DISCONTINUED)

The DCS has the right height but length and width depend on if there is wiggle room. 5.51" x 3.54" x 4.33" Also is there a needlewheel for it?

Jebao DCS3000 Water Return Pump

I agree with @wvned Coral Box DCA 2000 skimmer pump has the right flow but dimensions are smaller so will need some MacGyvering.

I thought I can use the Venturi and needle wheel from the old pump. But I just ordered the CB DCA2000 hoping for a clean fit.

Thanks

Got the DCA2000 pump yesterday. Was a perfect drop-in fit. I did have to use a little Teflon tape to create a better fit for my existing air intake into the venturi. It did ship with a replacement air intake, tube and silencer, but the stock one was more robust so I opted to adapt it.

So far it’s working OK, a little erratic which I suspect will even out once it breaks in and gets the biofilm.

Thanks all for the recommendation!

Back