Dudester’s 450g corner in-wall and tank room – help with design

Hmm, just saw the recent activity on this thread. Sorry I haven't responded. Thanks for everyone's continued interest. We still don't have a back yard, so alas the tank remains arid dry. The only progress made has been the addition of some molding around the inside of the arches in the tank room. This wasn't completed by the cabinet guys and was a "punch list" item that they only now got to finish. The yard ain't gonna be cheap and with today's economy, well, I'm not sure when I'll be able to complete it. But you can be sure that once it is finished, I'm going full bore all out on this tank. Bare with me and I hope it will be worth the wait!

Thanks Martin. The office tank is cruising along. We had to kill some red bugs, which resulted in a massive crustacean death, which spiked the nutrients and ultimately killed off some SPS. But it's recovering nicely and we're getting back on track.

"cough", wheres the updates Dude?

glad to hear the office tank is still doing well, did the Red bugs kill any corals?

Sorry all, but meeting with landscapers TODAY to come up with the finalized plan. We HAVE to have everything planted by spring, so that means the end of spring or early summer will be when I'll get this tank going.

Nick, the red bugs (and other factors) killed off a bunch of the office corals. The skeletons were hacked out of the tank, and we now have lots of room for new corals. We did pretty well donating frags to lots of people, so I have no concerns regarding re-stocking the tank.

We did pretty well donating frags to lots of people, so I have no concerns regarding re-stocking the tank.

It's funny how things come around eh? Dude you a ton of sps waiting for you in my tank but I discovered I too have red bugs. I say in one months time John can come over and help himself to what ever he likes. I also have some orders in with other folks and when the weather permits they'll ship. I'd say all in all you'll have about 30-50 frags to choose from.

Clint

I was thinking of this thread the other day. Glad to hear the updates are still filtering in Mike. Spring/Summer will be here in no time.

My wife and I are settled in and my tank is up and running. I lost a 90% of my SPS to AEFWs and now I am slowly rebuilding after waiting 4 months w/o acros. To top it off, I just found some monti eating nudibranches. If it isn't one thing, it's another, right?

Sorry about your troubles Chris, but glad you've settled in.

Landscapers start at the end of this week!

Dudester, I lost track of your other 203g tank build, just caught back up on it and it brought me here where now you leave me cliff hanging to see water in this awesome new home and tank!! Tease!! Love the way you designed this one. Can't wait for some updates here as well. Hoping to design an AGE tank one day soon, maybe not 203g, but close.

THDude - Thanks for your nice comments. You need to check out fishypets' thread and see what happened to that 203g tank. It's looking great! Hopefully I won't leave y'all hanging too much longer on this current tank. The snow here in Austin (yes, snow in Texas!) only held up the landscapers one day, and they continue to make steady progress on the yard.

As you wish. Well, kinda. Since NOTHING has happened with the tank or tank room since the last photos, I have nothing to add picture-wise. But here's a snowy picture of a portion of the hardscape and pool out back. I believe I owed this photo to Bax anyway.

snowathome.jpg

Back