Dudester’s 450g corner in-wall and tank room – help with design

Thanks everyone, I'm shocked this thread hasn't been deleted from everyone's list. Clint, the office tank is doing fine, just needs a lot of new coral. Hopefully in about 3 or 4 months I'll be able to help you out with your overcrowding problem.

I've been sorta 'out of it' for a while, gonna have to bone up on new technologies and techniques, may even have to revise my equipment list. We'll see. First thing's first, get through the holidays and then I'm going all in. Can't wait!

Wow! This thread is awesome! And so close to home too. I live in Temple so not too far away. Good luck on getting things going here. I just found this thread and can't wait to see more updates. Beautiful tank and home.

Thanks for everyone's enthusiasm and continued support. If anyone has suggestions on ANYTHING (filtration, lighting, controllers, circulation, etc.) please feel free to offer them up. I'm particularly receptive to new ideas at the moment.

well, can you give an over view of what your thinking and what you have?

its been a while, and if you already have stuff, then it can be incorporated in many different configurations.

I've seen some kick butt tanks running Metal Halides and LED's T5's and VHO's seem to be a thing of the past when supplementing metal halides. Do a search if you get a chance, if not there is a tank in north Austin you should check out. It will blow your mind!

Hey Dudester, if you don't mind, I'd love to see your tanks when I get back into Austin after this deployment!

Hey fishypets, not to derail this thread, but which tank are you talking about? Oh, and (once again, not to derail the thread) GSM nice to see I'm not the only F1 nut around here!

Dudester; If anyone has suggestions on ANYTHING (filtration said:
Careful what you ask for...the same thing they say about opinions applies for tanks LOL!! Hope you cleaned out your inbox haha. :)

So sorry everyone, I hadn't gotten any email alerts that anyone had responded to this thread until this evening.

dahenley, that's a good idea and I will provide a summary of what I have and what I've done very soon. I'll share with you that I have decided upon my lighting and I'll post an update (with pics) in a new thread once my fixture arrives from Italy. It will take nearly 2 months or so for it to arrive. In the mean time I have also ordered several pumps, a chiller, and lots of other equipment. At this point I'm mostly on hold until all of my toys arrive.

Nick, don't hold your breath bud, but I should have water moving and fish pooping on coral by 2013!

fjr wertheimber - I'd be honored for you to see my tanks, please return safely and THANKS for all that you do for all of us!!

erics3000 - Not much longer bro, not much longer.

fishypets - Let me know when you can take me to see that tank you were talking about. While we're at it I need to stop by your house to check out your tank, it's been waaaayy too long.

AgentSPS - Inbox is empty, I guess opinions wax and wane along with the economy.

gimmito - Thanks, I'm going to do a search and see if you have a thread documenting your build, or you could just post a link here if you wish, I'd like to check it out.

Well, actually, since you asked, yes, I have the light from Sfiligoi. The most recent hold-up has involved the construction of the rail from which the light fixture will hang. It's finally finished and powdercoated and it was delivered to me just today! Tomorrow it will be hung from the ceiling and then I'll get off my butt and begin a proper thread.

Without pictures... it means it doesn't exist or didn't happen! lol.
(have you got any of those equipment pictures, or updated pictures?)
cant wait for more!

This has become nothing but a big teaser thread, and for that I apologize to everyone. The light rack was hung today, and since it's the Austin City Limits Music Festival this weekend, no work will be done on the tank I can assure you. So next week I'll hang the light and get things moving in the right direction. At that point, I'll start a new thread, link it here, and hopefully let this old dog die. I appreciate everyone's continued interest and support, it's about to get fun!

Keep this thread alive; my $.02.

I forgot to mention Clint and I would drink Caucasians and not share with you. But, you updated so your safe.

Back