Eat organic food to help save reefs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i try to eat organic as much as i can for my health not the environments health because in the end large amounts of food being grown in one area is going to be detrimental to the environment whether its organic or not. the problem with organic foods come when they are imported because most types have to be sprayed (citrus is cold treated) for the usda to release them into the food chain. i used to work for a company dealing with the chilean, south african, spanish, and morrocan fruit and it all got sprayed together

I completely agree on the fact that it is the scale of farming as well as the differences between artificial incomplete nutrients and those made by friendly worms. My perennial herbs have just started to take off & I am about to plant the rest of my garden so that I don't have to buy mass farmed vegetables. Now that LED lights are getting more affordable, maybe I can plant my own indoor banana plant. I really love coconut water, but I'm not sure if I have the ceiling room for one of those trees;)

3) Here's were the debate get's complicated. Now you are getting into over population and religious issues (which should remain off this forum) If you take a look at the earth's population & petroleum use the graph runs very parallel. In order to maintain populations in areas that do not have enough resources the petroleum based products have artificially boosted the food production capabilities so now we can support more humans, but have done so with foods & water that contain known carcinogens.

OF COURSE.... so now we move into the abortion and population control issue. If religion doesn't belong on here (and I agree) then this thread shouldn't either. This is all political whether you like it or not.

As far as 800 million people dieing, I'm pretty sure you have no evidence to support this but how about this question instead. What is more important to you, quality life or just surviving? I know that if we stop buying bananas from Costa Rica the local people will be fine as they eat land crabs, fresh fruit and many other things that the rain forest provides:beachbum:

WOW... enough said. This is the most egotistical elitist crap I've ever heard. I'm done with this.

If your doing it for your own health & not interested whether or not others do it then it seems like your not fully invested

I'd say it seems like I'm not into dictating how others should live.

recycling can be debated all night

No, on a scientific level there is no debate.

Here's were the debate get's complicated. Now you are getting into over population and religious issues (which should remain off this forum)

Anything that shoots down your points is a different political/religious/population issue that doesn't belong in this thread. Classy.

As far as 800 million people dieing, I'm pretty sure you have no evidence to support this

There's tons.

Debating with extremists is annoying and pointless, I'm taking a cue from gon08 and you can argue with yourself from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back