(Edit) First post: 55 gal to 32 Bio Cube Too drastic?

Where'd you get them from. It seems, these days, most breeders of Berghia ship them out pretty small.

*puts on old man hat and picks up his cane, back in my day, we got Berghia that were about an inch long.

Now, you kids get off my lawn.
Yeah I took a chance with an eBay seller. He had them listed as 1/2-1” but these are for sure only millimeters long. The big one is maybe 1/4”. I did contact the guy, he said the demand has been up for them and he is trying to send out the largest he has. I’m ok with it, (he could have dropped an extra just because) more for them to grow out. They were $33 each overnight from CA. Pricey but if they work it’s worth it.

Last night I looked back 3 hrs after adding them and two aiptasia were GONE and two nudis were siting right where they were. So to me they already are winners. If they eat 1/day between them I’ll be happy. LOL. If they lay eggs that hatch I’ll be delighted.

Sounds like you're in good shape. They will grow and reproduce pretty rapidly if there are enough Aiptasia to eat.

These are tiny tiny babies but then maybe they can hide easier and get big.

I think they're a really fascinating creature. around here I am suddenly seeing a ton of people trading them around for temporary work like sea hares, or like goats on your black berries lol

I think they're a really fascinating creature. around here I am suddenly seeing a ton of people trading them around for temporary work like sea hares, or like goats on your black berries lol
Have not seen them since the first day but I’m sure they are doing their thing. I’m letting these 3 do their work for a few weeks and re-evaluate if I need to buy more. I Joes-Juiced another large aiptasia that was in my serpent star cave during a water change this weekend. Hoping that gets him to go back in there to hide. All the rest aiptasia the Nudis can munch on.

Just a 7/26/24 check in. Slowly progressing but I’m happy with a lot and wish some other things were better. Clownfish are doing well, approaching their 22nd birthday. I’m seeing growth in corals. Recently added Nudibranchs are doing their thing on the aiptasia. I see them once in a while and they are now around 1” long so definitely eating. My Serpent Star is struggling. Try to feed it daily but it doesn’t take anything. It’s thin but the legs it dropped appear to be recovering. Just refreshed some Pods and began gluing things that appear stable and growing now. Surprising to me the Pectinia is doing very well. It’s now gotten puffy and is growing. (I was told this could be the hardest item in the tank too keep) I’ll get more photos this weekend.
IMG_8061.jpeg
IMG_7961.jpegIMG_7962.jpegIMG_7966.jpegIMG_7963.jpegIMG_7957.jpegIMG_7960.jpegIMG_7956.jpegIMG_7972.jpegIMG_7971.jpeg

I may be the only reefer in history that was able to kill off 2large pieces of Green Star Polyp. LOL hopes for that back wall lawn look are on hold now. They were doing great in a specimen holder for months. Finally put them on the back wall in the sand. Every morning i found them covered in sand. At first i thought it was my flow, but no. It was the Male clownfish was brushing sand onto it and dropping mouthful of sand on top of it. He wasn’t having it!

So I will try again, but this time I will add pieces mid way up the wall on rock rubble I plan to magnet or glue temporarily to the wall. Then once the GSP takes hold remove the rock rubble (maybe)

I may be the only reefer in history that was able to kill off 2large pieces of Green Star Polyp. LOL hopes for that back wall lawn look are on hold now. They were doing great in a specimen holder for months. Finally put them on the back wall in the sand. Every morning i found them covered in sand. At first i thought it was my flow, but no. It was the Male clownfish was brushing sand onto it and dropping mouthful of sand on top of it. He wasn’t having it!

So I will try again, but this time I will add pieces mid way up the wall on rock rubble I plan to magnet or glue temporarily to the wall. Then once the GSP takes hold remove the rock rubble (maybe)
If you wanted to try an experimental shipping method (I.e. priority mail in a thermos) I have a 5.5 gallon tank full of GSP I can send you a good chunk at no cost. (Unless you want to pay overnight shipping and I can still send a good chunk at shipping cost).

If you wanted to try an experimental shipping method (I.e. priority mail in a thermos) I have a 5.5 gallon tank full of GSP I can send you a good chunk at no cost. (Unless you want to pay overnight shipping and I can still send a good chunk at shipping cost).
Hmm let me think about it. Is it a bright green or more yellow version?

Back