Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pife your RC response time is improving for your profile. Now what are you all going todo about Nook wanting to be MAL? If I read his intentions correctly, he did not want to be VP and this should have never went to a vote. A voting poll noted to be open for 2 weeks, yet stayed open for 24hrs? I have had a few people contact me in regards to the voting issue. So I will ask the question here.

I will also ask, when is the next board meeting. I had mentioned it to you before, it would be good for any member to join in and participate.

[emoji106]
I will say I'm not the one who created the poll. But I did go into edit it and make it open again. I will talk with the others in the board tonight and see how we should proceed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Can someone please explain :
Why the club needs to vote and what needs to be ran by Nick?

We have Rams up for VP and Nook for MAL. From what I know those where the only 2 individuals who were willing to accept those positions. Along with Nook clearly stating he does not want VP.

In past we did not vote when only one individual was nominated for said position

The poll was total nonsense to start with if no other individuals were nominated but then that would require knowledge of the By-Laws Speaking of where are those again

Pifes response time is accurate still when it's a question I ask him rams Hence he totally skipped over if it's just the m that needs to be capitalized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pifes response time is accurate still when it's a question I ask him rams Hence he totally skipped over if it's just the m that needs to be capitalized

Can you quote the question because I've just reread the thread four times I can't find one.

Can you quote the question because I've just reread the thread four times I can't find one.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop

IMG_5311.jpg

I rams/ramtheory withdraw my intention to be MAL due to reasons of unrectifiable differences with a few active board members. I've been around since the very beginning, like to joke around and have a good time. I love the club that we started years ago. But I've thought to myself, seriously, why would one put themselves through so much idiocracy dealing with the remaining active board, that fails to even resolve current differences. Concerns were brought up about the inability to vote on VP and MAL positions. Which should not have been voted on in the beginning. Good luck with your search. I know several others are tired of reexplaining themselves. OG SLASH will live on. -rams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I nominate Rams.

For VP or MAL?

^^^ This

I nominate Nook for any open position.

Well that's easy! Nook which board position do you want? Cause I know you will stick me with VP. LOL

I’ll be MAL if no one else runs.

^^^again, this

Only 3 votes at this time.

^^^ obviously an issue as people are actively complaining about not having access or being able to vote

I want MAL, not VP:)

I nominated rams for VP. He understands running a swap and I don’t. I feel unqualified for a VP spot, but wanted to contribute directly. I’ll make the LFS, but can’t attend at DJ’s later:(

I see a theme here, well multiple themes ( 1: nook doesnt want vp 2: People are not being listened to )

I will say I'm not the one who created the poll. But I did go into edit it and make it open again. I will talk with the others in the board tonight and see how we should proceed.

^^^does no good if people are not getting access

Why the club needs to vote and what needs to be ran by Nick?

We have Rams up for VP and Nook for MAL. From what I know those where the only 2 individuals who were willing to accept those positions. Along with Nook clearly stating he does not want VP.

In past we did not vote when only one individual was nominated for said position

^^^Finally someone was able to read

...the people have spoken. Nook is VP and Rams is MAL

^^^ This has to be some sort of joke right? I dont understand what is happening here. The people have spoken? The people your are trying to stick in these positions spoke repeatedly and you didn't listen to them but now we want to go by what the "People" spoke?

How do you expect people to be a part of the club when you treat people like you do. If you want to help, then help. Hiding behind your computer and filling our threads with garbage is not productive. Brandon has done a great job and I am sure he would appreciate your help... that is if you are actually willing to help.

^^^ I dont know this guy at all but im going to assume your knowledge of the goings on in the past in this club to be "limited" at best. Ill tell you this part. "Garbage" as you politely put it is what kept this particular board active. It is what this club was known and loved for. Random people showed up to events based on the extra curricular "garbage" People sent club dues in from across country after never meeting or intending to meet anyone here because the "garbage" popped up in the "get new" function on rc and they found it to be a fun get away from the strict no frills "fish talk".... That club already existed, this club was something fun and different.

I stepped away from this club when the Idiocracy wanted club participation but wanted to complain how the members participated ( ie "posting garbage" because it "trashed the boards" and "made the boards cluttered" ) after that happened and the people responsible (the number of people participating became numerous) stopped posting garbage on the board and then there wasnt much of a board left to trash. The chances of this board popping up on get new was after that and is slim to none. I came back intending to re-up thinking maybe in the years passed the club had maybe gotten back to its roots but there is still all the board's no having fun nonsense and still no participation. I think ill pass for now. I thought it had a chance with some originals actively participating again but hey theres always next year.

I can go through and quote all the "mean" posts also if needed since this thread is too cluttered with garbage for adults to be able to read it, but it seems smack has only talked bad about the IT guy, after getting no response when asking repeatedly, and me. Im an adult and can handle myself. Also it is what is expected around here if you have been around for a while and want to enjoy the natives instead of being offended all the time. So it doesnt seem smack being a big meany head is the reason for lack of participation....

btw this garbage filled thread is one of only a handfull of threads in the first 5+ pages of slash forum with over 100 posts. The others took between 1 and 6 years to get to where they are. If participation is the desired outcome I think the recipe is made with "garbage"

Disclaimer: These are just the thoughts of a former club member turned outsider looking in thinking about being a club member again and they are worth exactly what you paid for them. They do not represent the club, obviously, since no one with any say would take the time to read anything im typing here and take it into consideration any way....

Last edited:
You know I've got a lot of garbage to add to this and I'll keep it to a minimum, here and there of course

From the sounds of things we have a few folks that's got to come up with some answers fast or their Memorial Day weekend will be spent looking for those lost By-Laws and figuring out what to do. Or the sole gatekeeper/IT guy gets to lock it down forever.

Tic toc guys June 1 isn't far away.

You see being the leader of a social club isn't always limelight, sometimes you get the spotlight and man does this spotlight suck for you guys. Had some not had a life long goal of being the President SLASH and ignoring what SLASH really is we wouldn't be here would we

You know here's a question that a leader of this club should be able to answer

Who's the Original 5 founding fathers of this club? I bet a nice cold corona that the current BOD could not answer except for Smoothdog. Thank goodness Smoothdog is the man he is and held the position he has

OG SLASH will live on

^^^^ yea what he said :beer: you old guys really knew how to party:debi:

Who you calling old you gnome[emoji2957]

You know since someone had no idea what SSPN was really about and used it for personal advantages and trashed the meaning. I'm thinking we need to start using SSCH and have one

Hell yeah OG SLASH will live for ever And you little buddy are considered OG Slash don't sell yourself short, no pun intended [emoji23]

Elections

You know I've got a lot of garbage to add to this and I'll keep it to a minimum, here and there of course

From the sounds of things we have a few folks that's got to come up with some answers fast or their Memorial Day weekend will be spent looking for those lost By-Laws and figuring out what to do. Or the sole gatekeeper/IT guy gets to lock it down forever.

Tic toc guys June 1 isn't far away.

You see being the leader of a social club isn't always limelight, sometimes you get the spotlight and man does this spotlight suck for you guys. Had some not had a life long goal of being the President SLASH and ignoring what SLASH really is we wouldn't be here would we

You know here's a question that a leader of this club should be able to answer

Who's the Original 5 founding fathers of this club? I bet a nice cold corona that the current BOD could not answer except for Smoothdog. Thank goodness Smoothdog is the man he is and held the position he has

OG SLASH will live on

It appears you really do care about the club.. but when you were president/"œsole gatekeeper" a few years ago do you remember quitting in the middle of your term? Leaving the presidency to Kego, Tim was voted as VP on an emergency vote and ran the swaps and basically everything else as VP with no help or guidance from you. Years later, you have all sorts of things to say now that you aren't responsible for anything. Perfect. SLASH almost died. This is our attempt at reviving it. It has been a slow process since it was a complete s**tstorm after you quit and left the club for dead.

Last edited:
Thanks Vic, for summing up the communication on how the voting should have played out:)

I thought I was pretty clear on wanting to be MAL only, and had hoped some new blood would jump in the ring for a position. Knowing that my close friend, Rams, was interested in getting back in, spurred my spiraling enthusiasm the last couple of years, no fault of anyone's, just my willingness to socialize as I've gotten older and gimpier has declined quite a bit.

As I watched the three vote scenario play out on our exclusive and somewhat defunct .org site, knowing how I had already voted, I was really thinking the concept of the club idea is a thing of the past:( We get 200-300 people that show up to our frag swaps twice each year, yet only two other members cared enough to vote besides myself in this year's election. Granted, with only two interested candidates, the vote was moot and unnecessary.

After being told the people have spoken and I was the new VP, I was really confused. For the 13 years we've been around, I've been to 3 or 4 swaps. I've never been very involved in the swaps because of my work schedule. It would be a disservice to our club if I was to have oversight in another year for something I'm not familiar or comfortable with. With that said, I do not accept the position of VP and will defer to the current board members to decide how they wish to proceed.

Thanks Vic, for summing up the communication on how the voting should have played out:)

I thought I was pretty clear on wanting to be MAL only, and had hoped some new blood would jump in the ring for a position. Knowing that my close friend, Rams, was interested in getting back in, spurred my spiraling enthusiasm the last couple of years, no fault of anyone's, just my willingness to socialize as I've gotten older and gimpier has declined quite a bit.

As I watched the three vote scenario play out on our exclusive and somewhat defunct .org site, knowing how I had already voted, I was really thinking the concept of the club idea is a thing of the past:( We get 200-300 people that show up to our frag swaps twice each year, yet only two other members cared enough to vote besides myself in this year's election. Granted, with only two interested candidates, the vote was moot and unnecessary.

After being told the people have spoken and I was the new VP, I was really confused. For the 13 years we've been around, I've been to 3 or 4 swaps. I've never been very involved in the swaps because of my work schedule. It would be a disservice to our club if I was to have oversight in another year for something I'm not familiar or comfortable with. With that said, I do not accept the position of VP and will defer to the current board members to decide how they wish to proceed.
We can do a re-vote. I know at least 3 more people would have voted if I had posted the poll up correctly. It was reopened but i think originally it was only open for 3 days.

So if there is a new election (if there even needs to be) will anyone else be running?

Is a:
Nook for MAL
Rams for VP
The sole option?
(I'm also confused as to if either of you even want that option)
Do we have anyone new or "OG" wanting to run?
There was a lot of activity on this thread and a lot of strong opinions so I think maybe we should have some other options?
It would be nice to see some "old" new faces around again. Or new new faces.

-Lance (the lame duck president)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm interested in getting involved in some capacity. I still don't fully know what is involved in the elected positions nor do enough people know me to warrant me being elected.

It appears you really do care about the club.. but when you were president/"œsole gatekeeper" a few years ago do you remember quitting in the middle of your term? Leaving the presidency to Kego, Tim was voted as VP on an emergency vote and ran the swaps and basically everything else as VP with no help or guidance from you. Years later, you have all sorts of things to say now that you aren't responsible for anything. Perfect. SLASH almost died. This is our attempt at reviving it. It has been a slow process since it was a complete s**tstorm after you quit and left the club for dead.

See now your really showing your ignorance. Of course I care about the club. If not why would I be here today? I was never the sole gatekeeper. We had Rams and Ebius running the web site to start with. No Keggo wasn't left without any guidance. And the funny part of your ignorance is I was one of the few sending out request for donations while Tim was voted in for VP. Just ask Pife, he should own up to it from me busting his chops about being a self proclaimed sps keeper. And Tim should own up to me telling him I'll help if him needs anything

So do tell us all why I quit

I still don't fully know what is involved in the elected positions nor do enough people know me to warrant me being elected.

The bylaws would help defining what's involved but those seem to be m.i.a.

Being known is not always necessary but the willingness to take on the task and have the good of the club and its members in mind is what it's about. Hence the reason only people willing to take a certain role have been voted on and elected in the past. If the willingness isnt there then it makes for a tough time as heads of club

The bylaws would help defining what's involved but those seem to be m.i.a.

Being known is not always necessary but the willingness to take on the task and have the good of the club and its members in mind is what it's about. Hence the reason only people willing to take a certain role have been voted on and elected in the past. If the willingness isnt there then it makes for a tough time as heads of club

I get that. I also am only willing to be a part if change is possible. I've been part of organizations in the past that had too many politics in the upper leadership that prevented anything from getting done.

I'm interested in getting involved in some capacity. I still don't fully know what is involved in the elected positions nor do enough people know me to warrant me being elected.
There are other positions that are appointed you could get involved in. Secretary, HELP manager, CDP person, guy who goes to the BOD meetings just to hang out. From my experience with the club, if you show up consistently they start making you do things.
I think I became help manager years ago because I showed up at a winery and Rams was tired of having a bunch of stuff in his car.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

You also have the option to not show up to anything and just b*tch everyone out from the comfort of your own home.

For some reason I'm getting lambasted for picking the club up off of its face. I did not ever want to be the guy that runs the website. I do not know much of anything about websites. All I know is that when I first became vice president that I was contacted by multiple members talking about fraud since we did not have a website for them to log into but yet we sold them memberships with the promise of a website.

I've reached out to people that are active in the club repeatedly asking for help. I think that it's great that we have members that want to be involved in the club. Ibut I do do feel as if I'm taking the blame for things that I have no control over.

I believe that we will be creating a new thread asking for anybody that wants to be elected to a board of directors position.

If there are any active members that want to participate in the club but do not want to roll as a seat on the board there are many things that you can do to help. Please reach out to me if you are willing to help in any way!

For anybody that's trying to find the bylaws so am I. All I've been able to find is the Sops written by reeferhead. Eventually I'll be able to find them but with my busy schedule of work and family I cannot devote as much time as needed to find the bylaws if anybody would like to help me search for them please let me know and I Eventually I'll be able to find them but with my busy schedule of work and family I cannot devote as much time as needed to find the bylaws if anybody would like to help me search for them please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back