Emergency!!!!!Help

saltyjo

Help After my clowns laid eggs tonight. every bristle worm in my tank has released a white milky cloud! This is the most insane thing I have ever seen. I got a video but I am freaking out too much to figure how to post it. My whole 150 gallon tank is now milky white and cloudy.
Has any one had this happened and will my skimmer pull this crap out?
Help please!!!!!

Help After my clowns laid eggs tonight. every bristle worm in my tank has released a white milky cloud! This is the most insane thing I have ever seen. I got a video but I am freaking out too much to figure how to post it. My whole 150 gallon tank is now milky white and cloudy.
Has any one had this happened and will my skimmer pull this crap out?
Help please!!!!!

I've only had it happen once. It's pretty insane isn't it?

The broadcast spawning from the bristle worms didn't seem to bother anything and the skimmer took care of it pretty quickly. When I posted about it I believe that Gary commented that this was basically a free meal for my corals.

well thought I got a great video but I was freaking out so much I got a great video of the floor and my neighbor's shoe!!! OMG the craziest thing ever and no video......My tank is still cloudy and its been 30 minutes skimmer is 1/4 full.

Free lunch

Free lunch

I hope you didn't lose any sleep over this worm spawn.
A good filter system should have cleared water by this morning.

LOL yeah I freaked out, and after doing some research what happened last night was pretty cool. I am just mad I didnt get any good video. I really was so excited I took video of the floor shoe and cabinet but no good shots of the bristles doing their broadcast spawn.
Thanks Gary my filtration system pulled it all out and my water looked as clear as ever this morning. All my corals look expecially good this morning too.

TMZ,
the only thing that would have made this post better is if I had actually got some good video. I cant believe I went completely silly with the Iphone and didnt get anything!!!! I never realized how many bristle worms were in my tank till the other night. I swear it was the most amazing thing i had ever witnessed in all my 8 years of reefkeeping. I am also glad my neighbor was able to witness this phenomenon as well. Between the two of us we have over 16 total years of experience and still never seen anything quite like it.
~Jo

Back